Welcome to the letter H in the A-Z Blogging Challenge (the button is on the left in the sidebar – go check out others!)
These are my favorite cheeseburgers to make when we decide to throw hamburgers on the grill for dinner. They are relatively simple to make up and they take as long as any other burger to cook, making them a great weeknight meal! Plus, you can control the spice by using more or less of the spicy ingredients. The photo above does not have the pepper jack cheese, we added that later because we LOVED it.
Spicy Jack Bacon Jalapeno Cheeseburgers
- 1/2 lb. lean ground meat
- salt, pepper, seasonings, to taste
- 2-3 Tbs. cheddar cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbs. jalapenos, diced (I use the kind in a jar, so fresh might be less?)
- 1 egg white
- 2 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 2 slices of bacon
- light mayo
- tabasco sauce
- hamburger bun
- In a bowl, mix the ground meat, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper or seasonings, diced jalapenos and the egg white until combined well. The mixture will be lumpy because of the cheese but should hold together.
- Form several patties - we got 4 out of ours, depending on how thick/thin or wide you want the burger.
- Grill the patties. If using a bbq grill, you might want to lay a layer of tin foil down on the grill just to keep the cheese in and the hamburger from falling apart.
- Ready to assemble your burger?
- Place a slice of pepper jack cheese on the bottom portion of the bun. Then top that with the grilled burger, then place another slice of pepper jack cheese on top of the burger.
- In a small bowl, mix some light mayo with hot sauce until you like the flavor. Spread that all over the top bun. Add some jalapenos, your bacon slices and replace the top of the bun.
- Delicious I tell you!!
Previous A-Z Entries:
- A – Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
- B – Bacon Popcorn
- C – Chicken Kiev with a Twist
- D – Basil Dip
- E – Real Chocolate Eclair Cupcakes
- F – Melted Brie and Bacon on Grilled Flatbread
- G – Grilled Creamy Parmesan Tilapia
- H – Spicy Jack Bacon Jalapeno Hamburgers
- I – Italian Beef Risotto
- J – Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- K – Kiwi Tropical Smoothie
- L – Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp
- M – Nutella Breakfast Muffins