Cowboy Beef Nachos : Manly Meals
Beefy, cheesy and loaded with plenty of delicious toppings, these Cowboy Beef Nachos make a great appetizer or even a full meal!
Welcome to our Manly Meals party. Today I have brought my dad’s awesome Cowboy Beef Nachos.
When I set out to pick out a recipe to post today, I got to thinking about Manly Meals.
With all the fun ingredients and new foods to make, what is it that makes a manly meal?
So I asked some of the best dads I know what makes a meal perfect for them.
I got some surprising answers in many cases: “ribs”, “fried chicken”, “chili but not in a bowl, I want to dip stuff in it”
The one thing I noticed, was that men are simple creatures who just like good food. Another perk? No silverware required.
So when it came time to figure out what I wanted to share, I kept coming back to these simple Nacho’s my dad made when I was a kid.
Even now, all these years later, I can still take a bite and think of him sitting there munching with me.
I have no idea why he called them Cowboy Nachos.
My father was far from a cowboy, but he called them that, and we knew what he meant when he said that, opposed to regular old nachos.
So today I present you Cowboy Beef Nachos.
Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing Dad’s out there, and to any mom’s who serve as dad too.
These Cowboy Beef Nachos are super easy, taste as manly as they come and are a fantastic edition to Father’s Day, Super Bowl or whenever the craving for Nacho’s hits.
Oh yeah… and No silverware required.
After you’re done drooling over the Cowboy Beef Nachos, be sure and check out everyone’s amazing post!!
- Lacquered Short Ribs in the Slow Cooker
- Mom’s Slow Roasted Brisket
- Salisbury Steak w/ Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy
- Beer Funnel Cake
- Black Forest Cake
- Fat Man’s Pie
Cowboy Beef Nachos Recipes
Cowboy Beef Nachos : Manly Meals
- 1 large bags of scoop style tortilla chips
- 2 cups of shredded beef we had leftover crockpot steak we shredded
- 1 can black beans
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup black olives sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cup jalapeno chopped
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- When you are ready to assemble the Nacho’s make sure all the ingredients are handy. It makes the process go faster and keeps the chips from getting soggy too fast.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a large ovenproof dish or platter, spread out a layer of your scoop tortilla chips and spread the shredded beef over the top, pushing some down into the cups of the scoops.
- Now, spread the black beans over the top.
- Next, add the onions, black olives, jalapenos and both cheeses.
- Place the oven proof dish or platter in the oven and bake until the cheese has melted, for us that was about about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a heatproof surface.
- Top the nachos with a scoop of sour cream, a scoop of guacamole and a scoop of salsa or pico de gallo.
No silverware required– perfect! Happy Fathers Day!
oh man do these look good! and now silverware required is absolutely perfect for man food!
These look wonderful!
Oh, I love nachos! And your dad’s version look like the ultimate treat and perfect Man Food!!
Nice! I will make these for myself!
I love loaded nachos like this, I try not to make it too often because I dont have a lot of self-control with it but it is a wonderful treat.
i just loved each part of this recipe.. what an awesome combination of flavours. thanks for an unique and delicious recipe ideas 🙂