Two Ingredient Lemon Cake Bars are so easy, wonderfully sweet with just the right amount of tart. Moist, soft and so fluffy. Delicious!
Looking for a classic lemon bar recipe instead? Try these Lemon Bars.
What We Love
- So incredibly easy. No baking experience needed.
- They are a quick dessert so if you need something in a pinch, keep the ingredients on hand.
- Only two ingredients unless you decide to add some things.
- A fun recipe to start out with but then turn into something your own.
What you need for lemon cake bars
As I mentioned, only two ingredients are needed for these lemon cake bars. YES! Only two! Yes it works!
lemon pie filling – you can make your own if you want, but we just use a canned lemon pie filling.
angel food cake mix – yes this is a cake mix recipe, but it works and it’s incredible!
They come out pretty much like Lemon Angel Food Cake (Surprise, I know). haha But you could do so much with them.
Can I Add To These Lemon Cake Bars?
- Add lemon zest to the batter and/or on top at the end.
- Sprinkle Powdered Sugar on top.
- Use an extra can of lemon pie filling in the mix to make them more like traditional lemon bars
- Before baking, layer fresh lemon slices on top
What would you do to change these lemon cake bars up? Are you going to enjoy them as written or will you add your own spin?
Tell me about it in the comments below.
More Delicious 2 & 3 Ingredient Recipes
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse (two ingredients)
- Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream (two ingredients)
- Italian Crockpot Chicken (two ingredients)
- DIY Dog Treats (two ingredients)
- Easy Strawberry Fudge (two ingredients)
- Ghirardelli Gluten-Free Flourless Chocolate Cake (three ingredients)
- Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream Bread (two ingredients)
- Jalapeno Poppers (three ingredients)
- Cookies and Cream Kiss Dip (three ingredients)
- Honey BBQ Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin (three ingredients)
- Pecan Honey Butter (three ingredients)
Recipe for Two Ingredient Lemon Bars
Lemon Cake Bars – Two Ingredient
- 1 22 ounce can of lemon pie filling
- 1 box of angel food cake mix needs to be the just add water kind – but do NOT add water, eggs, oil or any other ingredient!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or using your stand mixer, mix together the lemon pie filling and the angel food cake mix until smooth with no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-35 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Top with powdered sugar if desired.