Soft, Moist, delicious Pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting are the perfect cookie for your fall table. Everyone loves these and they go fast so make plenty!
How in the world is it Thursday today? Since it’s Thursday, it means that is is day 4 of #PumpkinWeek and that means tomorrow is the last day! Today I brought these deliciously spiced Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting.
I don’t understand how these days just keep flying by on me. I feel like if I blink, before I know it it’s going to be Christmas. In fact, today we were at our local Home Depot and they had all their Christmas tree’s and decorations making their way to the floor.
Wait what? It really is that close though. I don’t know how. To console ourselves, we came home and made ourselves some Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting because they are easy, delicious and make you feel like fall.
And I’m still in the middle of Fall. It’s my favorite time of year and I’m just not quite ready to concede to Christmas just yet. I will be, just not yet.
These cookies are almost like cake. In fact they are so soft and moist that they do feel like cake and are absolutely incredible with or without the Cream Cheese Frosting. We did both, because we really like them both ways.
If you don’t feel like whipping up a batch, you don’t have to, but it really takes the cookie to the next level. If you do not use the Cream Cheese Frosting, these go GREAT with a cup of coffee or tea in the early morning hours, or in the evening to unwind.
And I mean, if you wanted to eat several, I wouldn’t judge. They are just that good.
Here are today’s #PumpkinWeek recipes:
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
Sweet Pumpkin Recipes:
Cinnamon Pumpkin Muddy Buddies from Love and Confections.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures.
Pumpkin Cream Puffs from The Redhead Baker.
Pumpkin Creme Brulee from Kudos Kitchen by Renee.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
Pumpkin Struesel Bar from Cookaholic Wife.
Are you ready to make Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting?
Looking for more pumpkin goodness? Try these:
- Pumpkin Spiced Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Sausage Mac and Cheese
- Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- Pumpkin Casserole with Roasted Marshmallows
Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoons pumpkin spice
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 3 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice plus more to sprinkle on top
For the Pumpkin Spice Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with spray or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar on medium, until it’s soft and fluffy.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice and beat until well combined, scraping the bowl down periodically.
- Add the egg and the vanilla and beat again.
- Add the flour and mix until combined.
- Drop dough on your baking sheet with a small cookie dough scoop at least 1″ apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove and cook on wire rack. Prepare frosting.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and pumpkin spice.
- Wait until cookies are completely cool, then spread frosting on cookies.