How in the world is it Thursday today? Since it’s Thursday, it means that is is day 4 of #PumpkinWeek and that means tomorrow is the last day! Today I brought these deliciously spiced Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting.
I don’t understand how these days just keep flying by on me. I feel like if I blink, before I know it it’s going to be Christmas. In fact, today we were at our local Home Depot and they had all their Christmas tree’s and decorations making their way to the floor. Wait what? It really is that close though. I don’t know how. We came home and made ourselves some Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting because they are easy, delicious and make you feel like fall.
These cookies are almost like cake, in fact they are so soft and moist that they do feel like cake and are absolutely incredible with or without the Cream Cheese Frosting. So if you don’t feel like whipping up a batch, you don’t have to, but it really takes the cookie to the next level. If you do not use the Cream Cheese Frosting, these go GREAT with a cup of coffee or tea in the early morning hours, or in the evening to unwind. And I mean, if you wanted to eat several, I wouldn’t judge. They are just that good.
Are you ready to make Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting?
Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice, plus more to sprinkle on top
For the Pumpkin Spice Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with spray or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar on medium, until it's soft and fluffy.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice and beat until well combined, scraping the bowl down periodically.
- Add the egg and the vanilla and beat again.
- Add the flour and mix until combined.
- Drop dough on your baking sheet with a small cookie dough scoop at least 1" apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove and cook on wire rack. Prepare frosting.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and pumpkin spice.
- Wait until cookies are completely cool, then spread frosting on cookies.
Here are today’s #PumpkinWeek recipes:
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
Sweet Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin Cheesecake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures.
Pumpkin Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime.
Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting from Daily Dish Recipes.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Danish from It Bakes Me Happy.
Pumpkin Cream Puffs from The Redhead Baker.
Pumpkin Creme Brulee from Kudos Kitchen by Renee.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
Pumpkin Struesel Bar from Cookaholic Wife.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter from Mildly Meandering
Spiced Pumpkin Mini Cakes with Mulled Cranberries & Brandy Brown Butter Glaze from Bacon Fatte.