Rich, chocolaty goodness is present in every bite of this decadent Chocolate Almond Cheesecake. Perfect for an elegant dinner party or just because!
Disclosure: I have received product from the event sponsors to create this post, however all opinions and this Chocolate Almond Cheesecake are my own. Thanks to our generous gold sponsor for Choctoberfest, Imperial Sugar for providing sugar for all of my delicious recipes this week.
Today is the first day of #Choctoberfest, and I brought this absolutely delicious, elegant Chocolate Almond Cheesecake to the party! It’s rich, moist and not as difficult as it might seem!
This cheesecake is a big hit at dinner parties and doesn’t last long. You will be so happy you tried it.
Top with whipped cream, berries or chocolate drizzle. But let’s talk about #Choctoberfest before we get back to this Chocolate Almond Cheesecake.
Today is one of my favorite days of the year, because it is the official start of #Choctoberfest. This is the third annual food blogger celebration of all things chocolate, made possible thanks to our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar and the other sponsors listed below.
Over 70 bloggers are participating in #Choctoberfest 2017 and will be posting 200+ chocolate recipes over the next week.
Keep your eyes peeled, visit any of the blogs listed below, or use the #Choctoberfest hashtag on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to follow along.
You can also check out our #Choctoberfest Pinterest board, where we post chocolate recipes all year long.
Stay tuned to see the delicious recipes bloggers have cooked up using Imperial Sugar and Barlean’s products.
Thank you also to Davis Chocolate and Rodelle for being #Choctoberfest shoutout sponsors! Watch Instagram and Facebook to find out more about about their chocolate products.
Here is a complete list of all the bloggers participating in #Choctoberfest 2017, so you can see the recipes they are posting throughout the week:
I do have a little tip for your cheesecake making experience.
Don’t make this Chocolate Almond Cheesecake if you have other things to do within an hour or two of baking because if you release the springform too early while it’s still a bit warm, you will wind up with the crack I wound up with.
I was okay with it, and knew it was going to happen, but not everyone loves that look. haha
We had an appointment and I thought it would cool quicker but it did not. Just allow it to solidify and cool as long as you can.
That step is imperative or you’ll have it all over your counter. I was lucky to just wind up with the two cracks.
It didn’t make this cheesecake we’ve made a dozen times any less delicious though. It’s the first time I’ve wound up with cracks and I don’t know, I kinda liked the look. hehe
Ready to make the Chocolate Almond Cheesecake?
Recipe for Chocolate Almond Cheesecake
Chocolate Almond Cheesecake
Chocolate Almond Cheesecake
- 3 8 ounces packages of cream cheese softened
cups granulated sugar (I used Imperial Sugar)
- 1 container 8 oz sour cream
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- ½ cups baking cocoa I used Rodelle Dutch Processed Baking Cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons almonds ground (or slivered if desired)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cups of chocolate wafer cookies finely crumbled
- ¼ cups 1/2 stick butter melted
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare your Chocolate Crust and press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese until blended.
- Add the sour cream and almond extract and beat again until blended.
- Add the cocoa, all purpose flour and ground almond and beat until blended.
- Add each egg individually, beat just until blended.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared Chocolate Crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 250 degrees and continue baking 40-45 minutes. Remove to wire rack.
- Use a knife to loosen the sides of the pan from the cheesecake.
- Allow to cool completely before removing side of pan (unless you like the crackled look in my photos and then you can do it while it’s still warm haha)
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours before serving.
- Garnish with chocolate drizzle, whipped cream, almonds or cherries. Or anything else your heart desires.