This zesty, ridiculously easy Italian Crockpot Chicken pairs beautifully with rice or pasta and any veggie you choose.
I love my crock pot, because I can just throw dinner in and forget about it. Are you the same?
Then, at the end of the day or a few hours later, I have a meal that will feed my entire family and didn’t require a ton of work.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- It’s a quick, easy recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights.
- With only TWO ingredients, it’s budget friendly too!
- As long as you use a quality, flavorful Italian Dressing, you will wind up with a moist, super flavorful chicken that is perfect as is, or you can dress up and make it a meal.
- It pairs beautifully in pasta dishes, rice dishes, casseroles and more.
- It freezes once cooked, and can be saved for other meals.
Two Ingredient Recipes For the Crockpot
I am also obsessed with two and three ingredient recipes.
I love them because often they are great jumping off point for whatever you want to do to them
I happen to love this one for Italian Crockpot Chicken.
It is so easy and delicious!
The chicken comes out tender and moist and literally falls apart as you’re cutting it.
This is a super easy, two ingredient recipe.
What can I serve with this Italian Crockpot Chicken?
It’s great to pair with some brown rice and a salad, for a perfectly healthy and hearty dinner. Or go a different route.
This Italian Crockpot Chicken goes really well with almost any vegetable, grilled or fresh – and if you’re daring enough, you could even toss some in with the chicken.
While this is an easy crock pot meal, Italian Crockpot Chicken doesn’t actually have to be made in the crockpot.
It can easily be made in the oven or using your stove top.
Can I make this another way besides the crockpot?
You can throw it in your instant pot as well. Or on the stove. Or even in the oven.
I have tried it all of these ways and other than cooking temperatures and times changing a bit, the flavors are still in tact.
I have not timed the Instant pot yet, so if you try it, let us know what you cooked it at.
In the recipe card below, I give you the directions for the slow cooker/crockpot, oven and stove top.
You can make it however you want.
Let’s get to making this Italian Crockpot Chicken!
What you need:
Fresh Chicken – You can use frozen chicken, just make sure it’s thawed before going into the crockpot. The flavors won’t infuse much before it’s thawed, so it won’t be as flavorful.
Italian Dressing – I’ve used several brands and they all have a unique flavor. Try a new one each time you make it, or just choose your favorite you love with salad.
Additional items that can be added: Herbs, Spices, Frozen vegetables, even rice and pasta.
Are you ready to make Italian Crockpot Chicken?
Italian Crockpot Chicken
- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups of Italian Salad Dressing
- Layer the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Pour the salad dressing over the chicken breasts completely coating.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on high, 8-10 hours on low.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Layer chicken breasts in a glass baking dish.
- Pour the salad dressing over the chicken breasts, completely coating.
- Cover with foil; bake 20 minutes. Turn chicken; bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut.
- Spray a large heavy skillet with cooking spray, place on medium high heat and brown chicken. When browned on both sides, pour in the Salad Dressing and simmer, turning chicken once, until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes longer.
- You’re ready to enjoy!