Easy Sandwich Pinwheels
The perfect appetizer for any event, these Easy Sandwich Pinwheels are delicious and a great lunch box treat too!
Want to know how to make these Easy Sandwich Pinwheels?
This recipe makes it super easy. Simply put everything together, roll and slice! Such a great appetizer!
I love easy appetizers!
Actually I just love appetizers in general. When they are easy? Well, then that makes it even better.
Give me something easy to make that I can serve to a lot of people, and I’m pretty happy!
This whole appetizer can really feed a crowd. I know it easily feeds 5 hungry teenagers.
What should I make these sandwich pinwheels for?
These Easy Sandwich Pinwheels are the perfect appetizer for any occasion and will go fast, so make up lots!
The last time I made these, we went through two trays in about 10-15 minutes.
Just to give you a heads up. I think they are just so simple to make and then to eat, they just go fast.
They taste great and you can change them up, use different meats, cheeses and flavors!
Easy Sandwich Pinwheels make great Super Bowl appetizers or Tailgating Party appetizers or whatever kind of appetizers you need.
Since I originally posted the Easy Sandwich Pinwheels, I have discovered awesome Flatbreads that are designed specifically for this very reason.
We just love them. Obviously, you can still use flour tortillas which are just as wonderful, and probably cheaper. (love the spinach flour tortillas with these!)
These flatbreads make fantastic pinwheels, are much better than the flour tortilla kind and still make the very best appetizers out there!
It really doesn’t matter what you use, make this easy pinwheels recipe your own!
The best part of these Easy Sandwich Pinwheels is that you can change them up to fit your families tastes or the theme of the party.
For example, here are some with Salmon!
Easy Sandwich Pinwheels Recipe
Easy Sandwich Pinwheels
- 5 10 ” flour tortillas
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons of chopped green onions
- 2 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh parsley chopped
- a pinch of Sea salt to taste
- 10 slices of deli ham
- 10 slices of deli turkey
For Cream Cheese Spread:
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and put it into a bowl (I used my stand mixer). Add the green onions, minced garlic, parsley and sea salt. Blend for about 3 minutes, or until entire mixture is combined and blended.
- Spoon mixture into a sealed container and refrigerate for an hour. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in a tightly sealed container.
When ready to serve:
- Lay flour tortillas on a flat surface. Spread the cream cheese mixture across the entire flour tortilla.
- Layer the deli meats on top of each other completely covering the flour tortilla.
- Layer the lettuce on top – use enough lettuce to completely cover the deli meat.
- Roll up each flour tortilla.
- Use toothpicks to secure the tortilla. Depending on how thick you want them, will determine how many toothpicks you use. I was able to slice 10 pinwheels so I used 10 toothpicks. If you are able to slice 10 per tortilla you will wind up with 50 pinwheels at the end.
Where do you buy the Flatout Pinwheels? Thanks. PS. I made these with regular flour tortillas and they are so good but I love those flatout tortillas.
Hi Julie, you can find store locations on their website here: http://www.flatoutbread.com/find-a-store/where-we-are/
Just put in your area and see if it’s on the map. We found ours at our local grocery store chain. Hope that helps you! (if you can’t find them, just use flour tortillas, they aren’t as large but will work.)
How long can pin wheels be stored in the fridge before serving? I made them earlier and they are awesome but I need to save them.
I would imagine about 24 hours before you would see a noticeable change in the texture. They can either dry out or get way too soggy. I would not recommend more time than that.
I made these today for a small gathering – my first time making pinwheels. I added 1/2 tsp of Sandwhich Sprinkle to the cream cheese, then made some with turkey & mild cheddarand some with ham & swiss. They were wonderful and very well recieved! Thank you so much for the clear instructions.