Some days, I get so busy with work and commitments to others, that I forget to plan dinner. And before I know it, it’s 5:30 and the kids are whining about “what’s for dinner?”. So I’m standing there in the kitchen more than likely in a bit of a panic, staring in pantries and the refrigerator trying to figure it out. Yeah. It happens a lot. If you work from home, you might actually understand that. Well, or you have five teenagers and a toddler that keep you running in every direction at any given moment. That too.
These wonderful Fish Tacos with Chipotle Ranch Sauce were born out of one such evening. I was opening cabinet doors, running from one end of the kitchen to the other, trying to throw together a meal. I found taco shells. Score. I found frozen fish, another score. I immediately realized I had at least the two main ingredients for Fish Taco’s. Couldn’t be that hard to put together a meal from that.
We had this delicious Chipotle Ranch Sauce in the fridge in a jar from a previous meal. All my blogging friends know I am the Queen of Ranch. Can’t even remember who first called me that. Might have been my super awesome, amazing foodie friend Jen who sadly isn’t blogging her delicious recipes anymore. Hey, at least I have FB with her. 😉
Anyway, the Chipotle Ranch Sauce is amazing in these taco’s and they came together in no time. You can add whatever toppings and ingredients you want, too, making this a pretty versatile dish.
Printable Recipe for Fish Tacos with Chipotle Ranch Sauce
Fish Tacos with Chipotle Ranch Sauce #weekdaysupper
For Fish Tacos
- 1 box or bag of frozen crispy fish tenders (we used Van de Kamp's)
- Shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, whatever you want on the tacos
- Taco Shells
For the Chipotle Ranch Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of ranch dressing
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, drained
For the Chipotle Ranch Sauce:
- In your blender, pour in the ranch dressing and then add the chipotle chiles. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate for up to 1 week. (the sauce gets better the longer you let it sit, so if you make it ahead of time, it tastes even better)
For Fish Tacos:
- Prepare 1-2 fish tenders per person (per taco) as directed on the back of the package. (this took 20 minutes for us) When finished, slice the fish up anyway you'd like to put it in the taco.
- Grab a taco shell. Place shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and whatever else you'd like inside the taco shell.
- Top with the cooked fish tenders. And then drizzle the Chipotle Ranch Sauce over all of it.
Don’t forget to check out what everyone else shared this week, a full week of delicious menus!
Monday – Egg and Chorizo Wraps by Family Foodie
Tuesday – Steak au Poivre Redux by Crazy Foodie Stunts
Wednesday – Avocado Buffalo Chicken Wrap by Alida’s Kitchen
Thursday – Easy Chicken Enchiladas by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Friday – Fish Tacos with Chipotle Ranch Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
What are you making this week?
For more quick & easy Weekday Supper recipes, Click Here. Also, check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest Board, it’s overflowing with great, fast and easy weeknight meals!