Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken
This Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken is seriously a favorite at our house. I think it’s the vibrant color that my kids love, though the buttery, garlic tomato flavor is amazing as well, so you know… could be either.
What mom loves about it:
- It makes a quick & easy weeknight dinner and we all could use more of those. You can have a complete meal on the table in less than an hour with very little work.
- While it’s great right on the stove, it could also totally be prepared in the crockpot and slow cooked all day.
- It can be served with anything you’d like – whole wheat pasta, brown rice (our favorite), quinoa, etc.
- It’s so gooooood and even the picky eaters like it!
Let’s get on with the deliciousness:
Be sure and check out the other recipes posted this week!
Wednesday – Baked Feta with Olive Oil and Herbs from Shockingly Delicious
Thursday – Thai Prawn and Noodle Soup from Happy Baking Days
Friday – Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken from (ME!) Daily Dish Recipes
How do you make Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken?
Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken
- 1 cup of tomato sauce homemade or store bought
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 8 ounces 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 Boneless Skinless, Chicken Breasts
- basil oregano or cilantro
- pasta rice or quinoa
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan on the stove, over low heat, melt the butter and saute the garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the tomato sauce. Heat to boiling, then remove from heat.Stir to combine everything as much as possible.
- Rinse chicken and then pat dry with towel. Place chicken in a square glass baking dish. Cover with the sauce and bake in oven at 400 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, cook rice, pasta or quinoa and maybe grill up some veggies for a side dish.
- When chicken is done serve chicken and sauce over pasta, rice or quinoa.
- We topped ours with capers and some fresh purple basil and cilantro from our garden.
Oh buttery, garlicky, tomato-y goodness!! So nice this can simmer away in the crockpot if you don’t want to heat up the kitchen with the oven.
I love this dish. Thanks! With our awful heat and humidity today, I am grateful that I have a repertoire of recipes that don’t heat the kitchen. Ugh!
I love the combination of garlic and tomato and this looks delicious!
Thank you so much Katy!
This looks fabulous – the color is stunning! I need to try this – I think it would be a total winner in our house, too!
So good, but not very low fat… lol lots of butter but man, oh man it’s good! haha (the color is my favorite part, I just love how it turns out!)
I love this, seeing how I love Indian food and this recipe reminds me of it.
This looks amazing and would be so good with some quinoa!
I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious! Thank you for sharing it.
Jessica, thank you so much for the sweet comment. I’m so glad you liked it. It’s still a favorite go-to meal around here since it takes such little time! Happy Holidays!