This Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken is seriously a favorite at our house. I think it’s the vibrant color that my kids love, though the buttery, garlic tomato flavor is amazing as well, so you know… could be either.
What You’ll Love About Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken
- It makes a quick & easy weeknight dinner and we all could use more of those. You can have a complete meal on the table in less than an hour with very little work.
- While it’s great right on the stove, it could also totally be prepared in the crockpot and slow cooked all day.
- It can be served with anything you’d like – whole wheat pasta, brown rice (our favorite), quinoa, etc.
- It’s so gooooood and even the picky eaters like it!
Let’s get on with the deliciousness:
Ingredients for Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken
The best part of this chicken is that it is only four ingredients. That’s right. Four. However, you can add it to pasta dishes, serve over a bed of rice or quinoa, add fresh cooked or sauteed vegetables, on a salad. So many different ways, but it’s delicious as is!
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- tomato sauce
- garlic cloves
- herbs (if desired) to give more flavor
Recipe Ideas to Serve with This Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken
If you make our recipe, please let us know! Tell us in the comments or you can take a photo and share it, tagging us on instagram, facebook or twitter with #dailydishrecipes. We love seeing your creations!
Be sure and check out the other recipes posted this week!
How do you make Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken?
Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken
- 1 cups tomato sauce homemade or store bought
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- basil oregano or cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan on the stove, over low heat, melt the butter and saute the garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the tomato sauce. Heat to boiling, then remove from heat.Stir to combine everything as much as possible.
- Rinse chicken and then pat dry with towel. Place chicken in a square glass baking dish. Cover with the sauce and bake in oven at 400 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, cook rice, pasta or quinoa if desired and maybe grill up some veggies for a side dish.
- When chicken is done serve chicken and sauce over pasta, rice or quinoa. We topped ours with capers and some fresh purple basil and cilantro from our garden.