There is nothing more fun that serving up Desserts in Jars. These Banana Split Cakes in a Jar were inspired by Shaina Olmanson’s cookbook “Desserts in Jars” (also available for the Kindle) which I am giving away today to one lucky reader.
This cookbook is full of wonderful, fun and elegant desserts for every single occasion imaginable. I find myself reaching for mine, when I want to do something creative, but am struggling to come up with something. Everyone loves being served desserts in jars.
While I enjoy using my jars to cook and bake in, sometimes you just need an easy dessert for a gathering, where the presentation just makes it better.
Enter the Banana Split Cakes In a Jar. Inspired by the cookbook, and Shaina’s recipe for Frozen Banana Splits, my teenagers and I set out to create a fun but non frozen dessert for a recent event we brought dessert to.
This recipe is really more about the presentation than the actual recipe. But regardless, we had a lot of fun in the kitchen baking, experimenting and eating a lot of cake. And bananas. And cake. Did I mention cake? Because there was a lot. You know, in case I didn’t mention it.
Also, the first time we made this, we made from scratch cakes. Yep. And we made our own sauces. And then we got smart. It was a lot of work.
So the second time we made them, we used box mixes for the cake and jarred jellies and sauces for the fruit. It was a WHOLE lot easier and took HALF the time to put together. So I’m giving you that recipe. But if you want to make your cakes from scratch, and your fruit sauces from scratch, you knock yourself out. Don’t get me wrong, it was good. But honestly so was the second batch. And everyone was happy and complimenting us and they all seemed surprised when I confessed they were boxed mixes. LOL So I’m seriously just making these with box mixes from now on. Again, knock yourself out with the made from scratch thing.
Sunday Supper Desserts In Jars:
- Summer Fruit Fool in Jars by Shockingly Delicious
- Banana Split Cakes in a Jar by Daily Dish Recipes
- Baked Cheesecake In A Jar by Chocolate Moosey
- Key Lime Pies in a Jar by Home Cooking Memories
- Fudgy Brownie Mix by What Smells So Good?
- 5 Minute Coffee Cake in a Jar by Juanita’s Cocina
- Strawberry Mess by Jane’s Adventure’s in Dinner
- Mini Blueberry Cream Cheese Pies by Magnolia Days
- Peach Crisp in Jars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes by Hip Foodie Mom
- Salted Caramel Frozen Yogurt by Healthy.Delicious
- Boston Cream Pie Trifle by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Egg Cream in A Jar by Growing Up Gabel
- Cinnamon Espresso Bread Pudding in a Jar by Country Girl in the Village
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake in a Jar by Runner’s Tales
- Blueberry Thyme Pie in a Jar by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Caramel Panna Cotta in a Jar by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Layered Melon Granitas in Jars by Curious Cuisiniere
- Red Velvet Wedding Cake In A Jar by Foxes Love Lemons
- Strawberry Shortcake with Lemon Mascarpone in a Jar by Gotta Get Baked
- Nutella Panna Cotta in a Jar by Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie in a Jar by Big Bears Wife
- Bacon Bourbon Bread Pudding by The Urban Mrs
- Cinnamon Caramel Affogatos by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Ice Cream by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Midori Melon Flower Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Triple Berry Crisp in a Jar by Ruffles & Truffles
- Guilt-Free Blueberry Cream Cheese Gingerbread in a Jar by
- Gluten Free Pull-Apart Cinnamon Bread in a Jar by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Roasted Strawberry Coconut Cream Parfaits With Toasted Coconut by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate and Banana Ice Box Trifle In A Jar by In the Kitchen with KP
Now the Best Part…. The Giveaway
Enter to win your own copy of Desserts in Jars by Shaina Olmanson. I am giving away 1 copy of the cookbook to a US resident. Enter via the Rafflecopter below. Giveaway ends Friday, June 28, 2013 at 5pm CST. At that point, a winner will be chosen via rafflecopter to all verified entries. Winner will be notified by email and prize will be shipped by publisher. Open to US residents only.
Join us during the #SundaySupper Chat for ANOTHER giveaway! You could win a ticket to the Food and Wine Conference and a 2 night stay during the conference at the beautiful Rosen Shingle Creek. Everyone that joins the chat will be entered to win.
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.