Boozy Chocolate Pumpkin Rum Cupcakes
These adorable Boozy Chocolate Pumpkin Rum Cupcakes start with a simple chocolate cupcake, quickly spiced up for fall with the addition of pumpkin rum and with easy decorations just in time for Halloween.
This is one for the adults.
This post is for 21+. Please drink responsibly.
How in the world is it almost the middle of October? That means Halloween is only a couple of weeks away.
Are you ready?
We sure aren’t, unless you consider all the fun baking and treats we have made.
After making loads of treats for the family, momma wanted something all her own.
Introducing these fun, but totally adult treats.
Pumpkin Rum Cupcakes with a cute little graveyard scene.
It’s true, Halloween is sort of all about children.
And candy, lots and lots of candy.
But why can’t mom and dad enjoy a simple treat too?
Halloween doesn’t have to be just for the kids.
On Halloween, we usually sit outside with our neighbors and hand out candy together.
These Boozy Chocolate Rum Cupcakes with Pumpkin are perfect for the adults to enjoy while the kiddo’s are having fun.
Decorate them for Halloween, or leave them plain. Your choice.
We wanted to get into the spirit, so we used this adorable Wilton Graveyard Cupcake Decorating Kit to decorate our Pumpkin Rum Cupcakes.
They are always a huge hit, decorated or not – so have some fun on Halloween with your adult friends and make these Boozy Cupcakes.
If you can’t find Pumpkin Rum, you could potentially just use regular rum and use some (about a tablespoon or so) pumpkin pie spice in the dry ingredients and probably get something slightly similar.
We have not tried that though, so proceed with caution. 😉
As I sit writing this post, we are just over two weeks out from Halloween.
Our weather is just doing a little changing, getting cooler and leaves are definitely changing.
I am enjoying one of these delicious Boozy Chocolate Pumpkin Rum Cupcakes with my coffee and listening to silence before the household awakes for the day.
A special treat for mom. Who said I couldn’t have dessert for breakfast?
Are you ready to make Graveyard Chocolate Pumpkin Rum Cupcakes?
Halloween Recipes Shared This Week:
- Graveyard Chocolate Apple Slices
- Graveyard Cookie Dip
- Halloween Haystacks
- Monster Marshmallows
- Monster Mash Cookies
- Mummy Brownies
- Vampire Victim Cocktail
More Halloween Recipes
- Graveyard Chocolate Pumpkin Rum Cupcakes
- Vampire Blood Strawberry Floats
- Easy Dark Chocolate Galaxy Cupcakes
Boozy Graveyard Chocolate Pumpkin Rum Cupcakes
Graveyard Chocolate Pumpkin Rum Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin rum we used Captain Morgan Jack-O’Blast
- Chocolate Frosting
- [Wilton Graveyard Cupcake Decorating Kit]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- In another larger bowl, beat the butter, vanilla and sugar until creamy and add eggs one at a time beating well in between.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the creamy mixture, alternating with the pumpkin rum. Beat well in between.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners evenly, about 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes for 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- Decorate with Halloween decorations. We used this adorable Wilton Graveyard Cupcake Decorating Kit.
- Try these adorable Candy Corn Cupcakes with REAL Candy Corn Frosting.
- Or maybe you would rather these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting?
That graveyard decorating kit is adorable. I love Wilton products.
Oh my goodness. All that chocolaty frosting is KILLING me!
Creepy and delicious! my kind of treat!