This delicious sweet & tart Strawberry Key Lime Milkshakes are a refreshing and delicious dessert anytime!
A great way to beat the heat of summer!
Why we love this recipe
- sweet & tart, deliciously flavorful
- incredibly simple, just blend and go and enjoy!
- it’s a super fun dessert and goes well anytime of year, but is especially fun and delicious in the hot summer months.
- easy ingredients, only four ingredients are needed for this recipe.
These Strawberry Key Lime Milkshakes are very simple to make, only four main ingredients. The flavor is a sweet strawberry with a nice hint of tartness from the Key Limes.
Ingredients and Substitutions
What you need:
vanilla ice cream – any brand will do, and low fat or sugar free is totally fine too. It’s really all up to what you love. We also sometimes make our own Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.
milk – from whole milk, to skim milk – coconut milk to almond milk, you choose whatever milk you want. The flavor can be affected slightly especially by nut milks but shouldn’t make too much of a difference.
strawberries – either fresh or frozen. Honestly they both work just as fine.
key lime juice – we use freshly squeezed key lime juice, but if you can’t find key limes, either order some from Melissa’s produce or use regular limes.
I listed substitutions above if they apply. You can also change out the fruits listed, as well as the ice cream and create your own delicious flavored milkshake!
How to Make Strawberry Key Lime Milkshakes
There really isn’t any out of the ordinary instructions to making these milkshakes. They are seriously easy but oh so incredibly good!
Literally put everything in a blender, and go. I use this blender, and absolutely love it.
There really isn’t too much more to this recipe. Blend and go. You can change the ingredients to fit your desires, different flavors, different fruits… just have fun with it!
Spring Sweets Week
This year 22 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 75 sweet recipes that are perfect for spring.
So say goodbye to the snow and cold weather and get ready to enjoy amazing spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages!
You’re sure to find something to enjoy this spring or for Easter. Don’t assume these are just spring recipes though, most can be enjoyed any time of year!
In fact, my recipe combines wonderful Spring flavors but is also fantastic for those super hot days of Summer!
If you’re looking for more great Spring Sweets Recipes, you will find plenty below to make yourself or share with others. Please be sure and stop by and say hi to all of us!
More Spring Sweets Recipes
Wednesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blood Orange Ricotta Cookies
- Cadbury Egg Cookies
- Easter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites
- Grape Sorbet
- Key Lime Tassie
- Lemon Funfetti Baked Donuts
- Mango Cream with Berries
- Mango FIlled Martabak Manis
- Meringue Nests with Fruit Curd
- Oatmeal Carrot Halwa Ice Cream Sandwich
- Soft Batch Sprinkle Cookies
- Strawberries and Cream Muffins
- Strawberry Pretzel Parfait
- Tangerine Ginger Tartlets
- Triple Berry Slab Pie
My Spring Sweets Recipes
Recipe for Strawberry Key Lime Milkshakes
A printable recipe card is below. It will print with no ads to make your cooking needs a little simpler.
Strawberry Key Lime Milkshake
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup sliced strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 tablespoon key lime juice
- Place all ingredients in your blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Serve immediately in a tall glass with a strawberry and/or lime garnish.