Easy and SO much fun to do with the kiddos, these Marshmallow Pops dipped in chocolate and covered in sprinkles are so much fun to make and eat!
The kiddo’s and I have always wanted to make these chocolate covered marshmallow pops.
They are like a craft project in the kitchen.
One of our SRC members is having some internet issues, so the call went out for someone to make something from their blog to fill in the space until the other post is up.
The blog I was assigned to make something quickly from is Cook Lisa Cook. I love her blog. Lots of fun recipes and delicious treats and savory dishes, but we wanted something that wouldn’t take hours.
We chose these fun marshmallow pops for a few reasons.
1. They are really easy and quicker than some dishes.
2. We’ve always wanted to make them and why not do it today?
3. Lisa’s Marshmallow Pops looked so cute that my daughter fell in love immediately and that’s what she chose.
We’ve spent the past two hours shopping, melting, dipping and then coating.
The whole family jumped in and had fun coming up with different sprinkle ideas and color combinations.
(I have a bit of an obsession with sprinkles, etc. so my cabinet is full on one whole shelf with different kinds.)
So here’s how it goes. (Printable Recipe below)
Melt the chocolate and then dip the end of the lollipop stick into the chocolate and then press into the marshmallows.
Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Dip each marshmallow into chocolate or use a spatula to coat. (we used the spatula, because we got more coverage and it was more even)
Sprinkle your toppings on the top. You can do half dipped marshmallows too, like she did.
Once all pops are done, refrigerate for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Patriotic Recipes perfect for the Fourth of July
- Layered Red White and Berry Lemonade
- Sprinkle Covered Marshmallow Pops
- Red White and Berry Slushie
- Red White and Blue Patriotic Pudding Firecrackers
- Blueberry Cherry Fruit Swirled Lemon Madeleines
- Red White and Bleu Burgers
- Summer Berry Cinnamon Bread Pudding
Recipe for Marshmallow Pops
Sprinkle Covered Marshmallow Pops
- 1 bag Campfire Giant Roasters marshmallows
- chocolate bits or chocolate of your choice we used Wilton’s Melting Chocolate
- sprinkles nonpareils, jimmies or topping of your choice
- lollipop sticks
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate according to package directions.
- Once the chocolate is mostly melted, remove and stir to melt the remaining chocolate.
- Dip one end of the lollipop stick into the chocolate and then insert into one of the flat ends of the marshmallow, until almost all the way through and then place on a tray to dry. (stick pointing up)
- Once all the sticks have been inserted, place the tray of marshmallows on a pan in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is dry on the stick, use a spatula to coat the entire surface of the marshmallow. You want to work slowly and gently so as not to loosen the marshmallow from the stick.
- Sprinkle whatever toppings you want onto the chocolate.
- Poke the stick into a styrofoam block and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.