If you’re craving big flavor and a juicy beefy burger, you will love these Red White and Bleu Burgers. A medium spicy burger bursting with flavor from the tomatoes, cheese and plenty of seasoning. They are amazing hot off the grill with all of that drippy cheese!
Why you’ll love these burgers:
- They remain juicy, and don’t get dry unless you over cook.
- Loads of flavor and combinations that just work
- Medium spicy but can be spicier if you use pepper jack or a hotter can of diced tomatoes
- Simple and still budget friendly
Overview of Ingredients in These Burgers:
- Ground Beef: You can choose any combination you want with these. However, if you’d rather use ground turkey, or even ground sausage, this will still work and just be loads of different flavors all combined. Delicious!
- Salt & Pepper: I tend to stick to simply salt and pepper to season, but I also love adding garlic powder, onion powder and other seasonings to add more flavor.
- Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies: The diced tomatoes and green chilies are where the spice comes from. We usually buy Rotel, and Rotel comes in many types: Mild, Original, Hot – you can control your spiciness with what you choose.
- Bleu Cheese: Crumbled Bleu cheese is one of the best flavors in the whole burger. If you don’t care for bleu cheese though, feta makes a good substitute in this burger.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Every burger needs a cheese topping. We chose Mozzarella because its a subtle cheese that
- Dressing: The dressing is optional, but totally perfect on this burger. We usually use bleu cheese dressing, but if you aren’t a fan, turn to ranch.
- Buns: The buns are not the star in this burger, so choose what your family likes. We went with an Onion Kaiser for this, but you honestly can use whatever you want.
If You Crave Big Flavor, Make These Red White and Bleu Burgers!
These burgers… they’re Ah.May.Zing! Red White and Bleu Burgers are a popular choice for any bbq, tailgating or summer event!
More Patriotic Recipes perfect for the Fourth of July, Memorial Day or any red, white and blue worthy event:
- Layered Red White and Berry Lemonade
- Sprinkle Covered Marshmallow Pops
- Red White and Berry Slushie
- Red White and Blue Patriotic Pudding Firecrackers
- Blueberry Cherry Fruit Swirled Lemon Madeleines
Recipe for Red White and Bleu Burgers
Red White and Bleu Burgers
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Salt pepper and seasonings
- ½ cup Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies like Rotel
- ½ cup Bleu cheese crumbled
- 8 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- Extra Bleu Cheese for the top of the burgers if desired
- Extra Rotel for top of burgers if desired
- Bleu Cheese Dressing or Ranch Dressing
- 16 Hamburger Buns
- Season the hamburger meat as desired. I used salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Mix it all together and then separate the meat into 6-8 balls (Depending on how many you need).
- Take each ball of meat and push your thumb down into the middle. Fill the hole with a tablespoon of rotel and a tablespoon of bleu cheese. Cover the meat over the top and gently pat the meat into a patty. Repeat with all of the burgers.
- Grill as desired. It was too hot the day we made these to want to heat up the grill, so I used our griddle. Just cook them anyway you wish until they are done. About 2 minutes before you're ready to remove from grill, top each patty with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- To serve, place a hamburger patty on each bun, top with more rotel, drizzle some blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing and then top with some more beu cheese crumbles.