If your garden is full of an over abundance of banana peppers, these delicious Stuffed Banana Pepper Bites are the perfect way to use them up. Full of flavor and so easy to make, you will make them again and again.
Are you ready for some football?
I am. But not for the reason you think.
There is nothing more fun that tailgating with friends before the big game.
I don’t so much care for the actual game.
I’m definitely a football widow at this time of year, as my husband adores the game, but not me. Nope.
But give me some good food and some friends and I’m good to go.
This weeks #SundaySupper is all about tailgating food and there are some pretty amazing treats in store for you today!
(list is at the bottom).
I chose these banana pepper bites because as I’ve mentioned before, my pepper plants are flourishing this year.
I have an overabundance of these babies.
I’m pulling about 5-10 day and I’ve pickled some, frozen some and made banana pepper poppers at least a dozen times and I’m running out of ideas.
That’s where these little Pepper Bites come in.
Stuffed Banana Pepper Bites were born!
One afternoon after the three youngest had returned back to school, I had my two oldest teens at home and we were hungry.
We REALLY needed to get to the store for some lunch meat and other groceries.
Time was not on our side, and I’d been so busy I hadn’t gotten there.
So time to come up with a solution that DID NOT require a trip to the store at that moment.
That morning I had pulled an entire bunch off, and I had everything else I needed to make some banana pepper bites.
I let my cream cheese soften for about 30 minutes.
Then I tossed it in my mixer, added a whole bunch of stuff (see the recipe) and then baked these babies up.
We’ve made them about a half dozen times since.
They were a huge hit and my kids LOVE them and request them often.
And yes they can be made in an air fryer.
I recommend doing some trial and error to adjust time and temperature.
Air fryer’s are all so very different from one another.
We make them with bacon sometimes, so feel free to add some if you’d like.
I didn’t in this particular recipe.
You do it whichever way you’d like!
That’s what makes recipes like these so great!
These are great anytime, but would be especially awesome for tailgating.
We took them to an event recently, and I just filled up a huge plastic soup thermos.
Okay, I actually filled three of them with these little bites and it kept them warm until we got there and served them.
We like popping them in our mouth all by themselves.
But you can have some fun with dips or dressings to dip them in.
Let’s make Stuffed Banana Pepper Bites!
Warm Ups (Appetizers):
- Bacon and Onion Dip by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken Fajita Dip and Quesadillas by Chocolate Moosey
- Crab Rangoons by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Double Cheese Dill Scones by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Fried Yucca With Pink Sauce by Basic N Delicious
- Grilled Gameday Nachos by Supper for a Steal
- Homemade Potato Chips w/ Blue Cheese Sauce by girlichef
- Liptauer Cheese Spread by Magnolia Days
- Mahogany Baked Chicken Wings by The Dinner-Mom
- Mexican Corn Dip by Growing Up Gabel
- Posh Pigs In a Blanket by The Weekend Gourmet
- Pretzel Nuggets by I Run For Wine
- Roasted Garlic & Tomatillo Salsa Verde by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Savory Baked Pinwheel’s by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Sesame Glazed Cauliflower “Wings” by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Stuffed Banana Pepper Bites by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sweet Potato Hummus by Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Skins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Game Time (Main Dishes and Sides):
- Bacon Burger Sliders by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Beef on Weck by Healthy. Delicious.
- Carrot Slaw by The Foodie Army Wife
- Cheerwine BBQ Pulled Pork by Nik Snacks
- Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Quesadillas by Cookin’ Mimi
- Chicken, Brie and Apple Turnovers by Shockingly Delicious
- Easy Grilled Chicken Caesar Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Frito Olé by Home Cooking Memories
- Gomoku Treasure Rice by NinjaBaking.com
- Grilled Fajita Kebabs by CuriousCuisiniere
- Hatch Chile Pimento Cheese Burgers by Juanita’s Cocina
- Italian Tuna and Shells Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pressed Brick Sandwich by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup by Neighborfood
- Smoky Turkey Burgers by Webicurean
- Snorker and Spicy Slaw Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Tandoori BBQ Chicken by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Tortilla Hot Dogs by La Cocina de Leslie
Overtime (Drinks and Desserts):
- Coconut Funfetti Ice Cream Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Funfetti Sugar Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Individual Elvis Pies by Treats & Trinkets