Decadent S’mores Mousse Parfaits with layers of graham cracker, rich chocolate mousse, and marshmallows.
Topped with toasted marshmallows, mini chocolate chips and a dusting of fine graham cracker powder. So wonderfully summer and absolutely delicious!
Yay! It’s day 1 of Summer Dessert Week 2018 and I am SO excited. This is the second year and I looked forward to it starting after last year. 🙂
Angie from Big Bear’s Wife has brought some fantastic bloggers together. All week long we will be sharing tons of great recipes for summer desserts.
What could be better than that?
I know this week I have several no-bake recipes and some other fun treats, popsicles, ice cream, cakes, pie and more.
Today I have these incredible S’mores Mousse Parfaits. And y’all these are no joke.
Sinful. Rich. Decadent.
I don’t think I have any other words left to explain. We ate so many of them while I tried some different variations. We could.not.stop.
From the rich, deep chocolate mousse to the soft marshmallows layered in between.
Instead of crumbled graham crackers, we preferred to make a sort of powder out of them and then mix that into everything as we consumed these delicious S’mores Mousse Parfaits.
And can we just talk about these adorable Stemless Wine Glasses?
These are Susquehanna Hibiscus Stemless Wine Glasses and oh.em.gee. I love their cute, stout, short size.
They were perfect for parfaits with the wider mouth and the ability to layer evenly.
But these glasses are perfect to sip on a refreshing cold drink or a glass of wine.
The cutest beach-themed glassware.
Susquehanna is one of our sponsors. They sent us some of the cutest glasses.
Ok, now that all that is out of the way, let’s talk about these incredible S’mores Mousse Parfaits.
They are PERFECT for any summer dessert. So, so good!
Hosting a BBQ?
Having a pool party?
Serve S’mores Mousse Parfaits.
They really are the perfect dessert. And they are SO easy.
And ya’ll don’t even get me started on taste and flavor.
That mousse by itself is to die for but stick it in between layers of graham crackers and marshmallows, then well….
… it’s a little bit of heaven and a little bit of chocolate ecstasy.
I toasted the large marshmallows on top, but that isn’t necessary to serve this dessert.
I used my culinary torch that I love and adore but don’t use nearly enough.
It was perfect to get a little melted marshmallow and get that golden toasted color.
Y’all these are SO easy! SO EASY!
That mousse is only 3 ingredients, took a few minutes to make and the entire S’mores Mousse Parfaits took literally 10 minutes to make 4 of them.
Which is what this recipe yields, in case you were wondering already.
Though I would recommend you double it so you can eat more tomorrow.
You don’t even have to make them up, just save the ingredients and layer tomorrow.
Or better yet, do what I do… whip up that mousse, stick in a spoon and go to town.
It doesn’t really matter. It’s all good anyway.
More Summer Dessert Recipes
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites
- No Churn Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream
- Lemon Lavender Chess Pie
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cake
- No-Bake Coconut Cream Pie In A Jar
- Chocolate Churros
S’mores Mousse Parfait Recipe
Shop this post:
Recipe for S’mores Parfaits
S’mores Mousse Parfaits
For Easy Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips – using a better quality chip makes a big difference
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Parfaits:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- prepared chocolate mousse
- large marshmallows for garnish
- mini chocolate chips for garnish
- graham cracker crumbs for garnish
For the Easy Chocolate Mousse
- Melt the chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until chips are completely melted. 50% power – 30 seconds, stir. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream on high until soft peaks form. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat until chocolate is incorporated.
To assemble parfaits:
- Line your glasses or dishes up that you plan to use.
- Begin by spooning or piping the chocolate mousse into the bottom of each glass.
- Next layer mini marshmallows in each glass.
- Top with more chocolate mousse.
- Add a layer of graham cracker crumbs.
- If you want, you can serve as is, now.
- I top mine with large marshmallows which I toast with my Kitchen Torch. Then sprinkle on a few mini chocolate chips and a light dusting of graham cracker crumbs.
- Serve immediately. SO GOOD!