Better than plain old traditional peanut brittle, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle is a combination of favorite flavors and is a fun twist on classic brittle.
Today we are celebrating peanut butter. Why?
Because today, March 1, 2020 is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day! YUM!
I took it a step further though, and I’m celebrating the uniting of two favorite flavors with peanut butter and chocolate.
I made this Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle to share with you today. And you’ll be so glad I did.
Basically this is a really unique twist on a classic.
Combining peanut butter and chocolate into a delicious crunchy brittle seems like a no-brainer.
It is one of our favorite brittle recipes – super easy and absolutely soooo good.
Tools you need for Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle:
Tips for making this brittle:
- Don’t use a silicone or plastic spoon. It’s just too hot for either of these to work well. Nothing beats a good wooden spoon for the constant stirring and when it gets thick its easier to really push around in there with no fear of melting or breaking.
- Make sure your candy thermometer is high quality so you don’t over cook the mixture.
- Watch mixture like a hawk. It takes a bit to get to 300 degrees (results may vary) but once it approaches, it often happens fast.
- Don’t stop mixing for even a few seconds or you risk the chance of burning the mixture which isn’t as hard to do as you’d think.
- Use caution in every step. This mixture gets HOT and could cause major burns!
You don’t need a lot of ingredients to make this.
It also doesn’t matter if you use high quality or store brand ingredients.
Both of these additions seriously add a lot of flavor!
Check out the other awesome Peanut Butter Recipes!
Peanut Butter Lovers Day
Pin this to make later or to share with friends and family!