Better than plain old traditional peanut brittle, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle is a combination of favorite flavors and is a fun twist on classic brittle.
Today we are celebrating peanut butter. Why?
Because today, March 1, 2020 is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day! YUM!
I took it a step further though, and I’m celebrating the uniting of two favorite flavors with peanut butter and chocolate.
I made this Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle to share with you today. And you’ll be so glad I did.
Basically this is a really unique twist on a classic.
Combining peanut butter and chocolate into a delicious crunchy brittle seems like a no-brainer.
It is one of our favorite brittle recipes – super easy and absolutely soooo good.
Tools you need for Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle:
Tips for making this brittle:
- Don’t use a silicone or plastic spoon. It’s just too hot for either of these to work well. Nothing beats a good wooden spoon for the constant stirring and when it gets thick its easier to really push around in there with no fear of melting or breaking.
- Make sure your candy thermometer is high quality so you don’t over cook the mixture.
- Watch mixture like a hawk. It takes a bit to get to 300 degrees (results may vary) but once it approaches, it often happens fast.
- Don’t stop mixing for even a few seconds or you risk the chance of burning the mixture which isn’t as hard to do as you’d think.
- Use caution in every step. This mixture gets HOT and could cause major burns!
You don’t need a lot of ingredients to make this.
It also doesn’t matter if you use high quality or store brand ingredients.
Both of these additions seriously add a lot of flavor!
Check out the other awesome Peanut Butter Recipes!
Peanut Butter Lovers Day
- Dan Dan Noodles with Beef
- Easy Thai Peanut Soup
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Chicken
- Peanut Butter Babka
- Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Blondies
- Rich and Creamy Microwave Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Fudge
- Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen
Pin this to make later or to share with friends and family!
Recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle
Chocolate Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 ¼ cups roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- Lightly butter a cookie sheet and set it aside.
- Combine the sugar and light corn syrup in a large saucepan over high heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add the peanuts and reduce the heat to medium, stirring constantly.
- When the mixture reaches the hard-crack stage (300° F) remove the pan from the heat.
- Working quickly add the unsweetened cocoa powder, peanut butter, butter, and whipping cream until combined.
- Then add the baking soda, stirring constantly.
- Immediately pour onto your cookie sheet and spread into a layer about ¼-inch thick.
- Cool for about 2 hours and then break into large pieces.