Deliciously spiced and easy sugar cookies that are perfect for your Christmas Cookie Platter. You will love every single soft bite of these Spiced Christmas Cookies.
I cannot believe that October has come and gone and we are already through the first week of November.
How does time travel so fast? We are 47 days away from Christmas and I’m not sure I can keep up.
What I can do, is get in the kitchen and bake and we have already begun a lot of our holiday baking.
This week is Christmas Cookies Week here on the blog, and a big group of food bloggers and myself are going to be posting Christmas Cookie recipes all week long.
These Spiced Christmas cookies are a favorite that I’ve pretty much had since I was a child. They are perfect with a tall glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee or tea.
The flavor just screams Christmas and your entire house will smell lovely as they bake.
Be sure and visit all week long for a new cookie recipe everyday and links to all of the other amazing cookies shared!
What’s in these Spiced Christmas Cookies?
The normal cookie ingredients, flour, sugar, eggs…
But these cookies are all about the spices and they include Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves and Ginger. The perfect combination for a Christmas Cookie.
Can I freeze Spiced Cookies?
Not after they are baked, I don’t recommend it.
You can, freeze the dough though.
I have made the dough up ahead and frozen it until ready to bake (we haven’t tried longer than 30 days) and it seems to bake up just fine as long as you let it thaw all the way ahead of time.
How should I store them?
We store ours about 7-10 days in an airtight container, but they don’t usually last that long.
I don’t recommend storing these cookies in a cookie jar, as they tend to dry out and get hard a lot faster.
What I do recommend, is trying to eat one about 5-10 minutes after it comes out, while still warm. They are absolutely melt in your mouth delicious!
Please be sure and check out these other amazing cookie recipes from my fellow food blogger friends.
Monday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Almond Joy Cookies from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- British Brandy Snaps from Art of Natural Living
- Chewy Gingerdoodles from Blogghetti
- Chocolate Mint Thumbprints from Sweet Beginnings
- Chocolate Peppermint Stuffed Cookies from Family Around the Table
- Confetti Sprinkle Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- M&M Santa Cookies from Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Eggnog Cookies from Devour Dinner
- Gluten-Free Pistachio Cacao Cookies from Frugal & Fit
- Gingerbread Cookies from Jen around the world
- Lemon Drop Cookies from Take Two Tapas
- Magic Cookie Bars from Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Mandarin Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Molasses Cookies from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mulled Cider Spiced Brown Sugar Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Old Fashioned Spritz Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Orange-Scented Alfajores from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Grape Nuts from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Quick Maple Oatmeal Cookies from Christmas Tree Lane
- Salted Caramel Fudge Drops from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Santa Hat Red Velvet Mini Cookie Cups from Magical Ingredients
- Slice and Bake Butter Pecan Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiced Christmas Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- The Best Slice and Bake Christmas Cookies from Kate’s Recipe Box