Spiced Christmas Cookies
Deliciously spiced and easy sugar cookies that are perfect for your Christmas Cookie Platter. You will love every single soft bite of these Spiced Christmas Cookies.
I cannot believe that October has come and gone and we are already through the first week of November.
How does time travel so fast? We are 47 days away from Christmas and I’m not sure I can keep up.
What I can do, is get in the kitchen and bake and we have already begun a lot of our holiday baking.
This week is Christmas Cookies Week here on the blog, and a big group of food bloggers and myself are going to be posting Christmas Cookie recipes all week long.
These Spiced Christmas cookies are a favorite that I’ve pretty much had since I was a child. They are perfect with a tall glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee or tea.
The flavor just screams Christmas and your entire house will smell lovely as they bake.
Be sure and visit all week long for a new cookie recipe everyday and links to all of the other amazing cookies shared!
What’s in these Spiced Christmas Cookies?
The normal cookie ingredients, flour, sugar, eggs…
But these cookies are all about the spices and they include Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves and Ginger. The perfect combination for a Christmas Cookie.
Can I freeze Spiced Cookies?
Not after they are baked, I don’t recommend it.
You can, freeze the dough though.
I have made the dough up ahead and frozen it until ready to bake (we haven’t tried longer than 30 days) and it seems to bake up just fine as long as you let it thaw all the way ahead of time.
How should I store them?
We store ours about 7-10 days in an airtight container, but they don’t usually last that long.
I don’t recommend storing these cookies in a cookie jar, as they tend to dry out and get hard a lot faster.
What I do recommend, is trying to eat one about 5-10 minutes after it comes out, while still warm. They are absolutely melt in your mouth delicious!
Please be sure and check out these other amazing cookie recipes from my fellow food blogger friends.
Monday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Almond Joy Cookies
- British Brandy Snaps
- Chewy Gingerdoodles
- Chocolate Peppermint Stuffed Cookies
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- M&M Santa Cookies
- Eggnog Cookies
- Gluten-Free Pistachio Cacao Cookies
- Mandarin Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Molasses Cookies
- Mulled Cider Spiced Brown Sugar Cookies
- Old Fashioned Spritz Cookies
- Orange-Scented Alfajores
- Quick Maple Oatmeal Cookies
- Santa Hat Red Velvet Mini Cookie Cups
- Slice and Bake Butter Pecan Cookies
- The Best Slice and Bake Christmas Cookies
Ready to make these Spiced Christmas Cookies?
Spiced Christmas Cookies
- 1 cup of butter softened
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, on medium speed beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time and then add the vanilla.
- Be sure to scrape the sides of your bowl to incorporate everything.
- In another bowl, whisk together all of the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture on low speed a little at a time, until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Roll the dough into 1" balls and place 2" apart on cookie sheet.
- Using the bottom of a cup, or a fork, gently press down on the dough to spread it out a little. Keep the dough to at least 1/8" thickness but for the softest cookies, I recommend a little more.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack.
- Eat and enjoy!
Yum! Sugar cookies are a favorite one in the house and with perfect spices, these will be a hit here! These look delicious that I want to grab one from the picture!
This would be the perfect cookie for my daughter. She loves simple but full of flavor.
Give me ALL the spices at the holidays!
I love all te spices in these cookies! So good!
These sound yummy. You make me want to break out all of my Christmas decor!
These cookies would be perfect for our holiday table!
This year has flown by! I definitely could use a couple of these with my coffee this morning!
The spice in these cookies sound so good and perfect for the holidays! Thanks for sharing!
These are so delightfully spiced! The flavor is perfect and not too much! I love how soft they are and how much they taste like Christmas!
Love all the spices in this–your kitchen has to smell amazing!
Such a simple cookie yet it’s the perfect cookie to me
Now, these look like my kind of cookie…soft, flavorful, and absolutely no icing or frosting! Definitely a WIN!!!
So much flavor in these cookies. All those spices scream the holidays. They look delish!
These fall flavors make my house smell so great when baking these! The neighbors showed up when they smelled them outside LOL!
These are easy and delicious but they don’t end up looking like whatever cookie is pictured in the recipe.
The cookies pictured are these Spiced Christmas Cookies. I’m glad you enjoyed them, and I am not sure why yours don’t look the same.