This decadent Dark Chocolate Red Wine Cake smothered in a sweet, red wine raspberry sauce didn’t just say comfort, it screamed it.
Ah sweet comfort foods. This time of year, as the temperatures drop and the leaves are changing, I love seeking comfort foods that warm the body and soul. Bring on this Dark Chocolate Red Wine Cake.
When I think of comfort foods, I immediately go to chocolate. Chocolate is probably my comfort food of choice, though I have plenty of other favorites too.
I enjoy spending time with family in the colder months as we all sit around the fire place, warming our bodies, enjoying each others company. I always have a glass of wine for the adults, to warm and comfort the soul too.
When I am entertaining, I love having a variety of wines on hand that compliment the various dishes I make, and honestly, I can’t think of anything that pairs better with chocolate than red wine.
Not only did I serve a glass of Gallo Family Cabernet Sauvignon with a warm slice of this decadent Dark Chocolate Red Wine Cake, but I included it right in the recipe. Why not?
Both the chocolate cake and the raspberry sauce were only made better and enhanced by the combination taste of blackberry and black currant, balanced by just a hint of oak from the Gallo Family Cabernet Sauvignon.
This Dark Chocolate Red Wine Cake got rave reviews and several requests for it to make an appearance again for the holidays. I think I will oblige.
Chocolate and red wine are a match made in heaven in my book, and my wonderful man couldn’t have agreed more. He rather enjoyed his red wine with a slice of this rich, decadent cake and deemed the match up, perfection.
It always makes me happy when I can come up with a recipe that he is this happy with.
This wonderful dessert was served after a delicious Seafood and Rice dish that was complimented further by a glass of Gallo Family Pino Grigio.
A perfect pairing in my book, as it brings together the refreshing crisp flavors of fresh green apple, white peach and citrus, complimenting the seafood wonderfully.
So whether its a Gallo Family Pino Grigio or a Gallo Family Cabernet Sauvignon you seek, you simply can’t go wrong. But, why choose? Why not serve both?
I promise you won’t be disappointed and your guests will certainly thank you.
Let’s Make Dark Chocolate Red Wine Cake with Red Wine Raspberry Sauce
My favorite tools and accessories to use to make this cake:
To find a store near you, that carries Gallo Family Vineyards wines, check out the Where to Buy Tool right on their site.
Take a look at the wonderfully comforting dishes and wine pairings we’ve served up today! There are just so many great recipes that are perfect for this time of year and for bringing comfort.
Comforting Appetizers and Beverages:
- Acorn Squash Cheese Spread with Spinach and Artichokes by Ruffles & Truffles
- Pomegranate Mulled Wine by The Messy Baker
Comforting Entrees, Soups, and Stews:
- Beef and Mushroom Pot Pie by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Beef Goulash by Magnolia Days
- Beef Stew with Puff Pastry by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Cheesy French Onion Soup by Life Tastes Good
- Chicken and Corn Chowder by The Girl In the Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken Parmesan Panini by Casa de Crews
- French Onion Soup au Gratin Stuffed Meatloaf by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Johnny Marzetti by NeighborFood
- White Wine Cream Sauce Poached Shrimp by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
Comforting Side Dishes:
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Parmesan and Dates by Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Acorn Squash by Jelly Toast
Comforting Brunch, Desserts, and Sweets:
- Baked Pumpkin French Toast by Alida’s Kitchen
- Cheesecake Bites with Red Wine Chocolate Sauce by Momma’s Meals
- Dark Chocolate Red Wine Cake with Red Wine Raspberry Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gooey Autumn Spice Brownie Cups by Desserts Required
- Pear Streusel Coffee Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.