Butternut Squash Portobello Tacos with Garlic Sage Cream Sauce are savory, flavorful and a favorite for a quiet date night at home with a little Netflix and Wine.
As the rush of the holiday is coming to an end in our household, all I seem to want lately is a little downtime.
I felt like I was being pulled in twenty directions and while that’s fine and I enjoyed it, it also meant less time for eating healthy or even for simply me time or date nights.
But that’s all ok now, because these Butternut Squash Portobello Tacos with Garlic Sage Cream Sauce are Doug and I’s latest favorite date night meal.
They are the perfect healthy taco’s for a meatless, fall or winter dinner and the wonderful flavors of delicious veggies are the star of the meal.
We love butternut squash and are always looking for new and innovative ways to include it for dinner.
A little olive oil and some fresh herbs, a good saute and voila – the ingredients for an amazing taco.
Then you add in the Garlic Sage Cream Sauce and you have taco’s that scream flavor and are nothing short of perfection in a shell.
Let’s cook up some Butternut Squash Portobello Tacos with Garlic Sage Cream Sauce
More Veggie Main Dishes:
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Crème Fraîche and Fried Sage Leaves by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Eggplant Rollatini by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Greek Stuffed Baked Zucchini by The Weekend Gourmet
- Moroccan-style Lentil Chickpea Stew by Food Lust People Love
- Portobello Stack by The Freshman Cook
- Roasted Potato and Spinach Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Recipe for Butternut Squash Portobello Tacos with Garlic Sage Cream Sauce
Butternut Squash Portobello Tacos with Garlic Sage Cream Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups of butternut squash chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon fresh sage finely chopped
- 3 portobello mushrooms chopped
- 1 ½ cup fresh baby spinach
For Garlic Sage Cream Sauce:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- ½ tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Small Flour Tortillas
- To Prepare Filling:In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the butternut squash pinch of salt. Cook, stirring fairly frequently for about 10 minutes.
- Toss in the minced garlic, cumin, coriander and sage. Add a little more olive oil, if needed.
- Add in the mushrooms and spinach and continue sauteeing for about 5 more minutes.
- To Prepare Garlic Sage Cream Sauce:In a skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add in the sage leaves and mince garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the heavy cream and chicken broth. Cook for about 2 minutes more. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm over tacos. (also great over beef, pork, fish and pasta!)