Easy one-bowl recipe for homemade delicious cinnamon brown sugar brownies studded with chocolate chips.
Rich, decadent and ridiculously easy!
This is my second recipe for #Choctoberfest, and today’s recipe highlights Imperial Sugar. They sent me plenty of sugar to create some goodies. Thank you Imperial Sugar.
I love using Imperial Sugar in my baked goods.
And in these amazing Cinnamon Brown Sugar Brownies, rather than your classic granulated sugar, we are using Imperial Sugar Brown Sugar.
One of my favorite parts about this recipe, is how incredibly easy it is. Everything is made in one bowl, so less clean up.
And who doesn’t love that?
I love just about any recipe that requires only one bowl.
I also chose to use cocoa powder in this recipe, rather than melted baking chocolate, because cocoa powder is something I always have on hand.
I feel like most people do.
Yes, I topped these with sifted Imperial Sugar Powdered Sugar, but you definitely don’t have to.
I did it because it makes them look so pretty. Almost like snow. But I’m not ready for snow just yet.
So why not get it the artificial way?
So why am I even talking about snow? Because I ALSO chose to use Cinnamon in this recipe.
Have you ever had a chocolate brownie with cinnamon in it?
It makes you think of Fall and Winter, or Christmas. It’s comforting and warm.
It adds an additional flavor layer that isn’t usually there.
These Cinnamon Brown Sugar Brownies are one of our favorites to make this time of year.
Recipe for Cinnamon Brown Sugar Brownies
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Brownies
- ½ cup 1 stick salted butter, melted
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the melted butter and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Turn the mixer on low and add in the flour, cinnamon and cocoa powder and blend until combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the batter into the baking dish and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until the top is no longer jiggly and is set to the touch.
- Remove from oven. Brownies will continue baking in pan as they cool. Do not over bake!
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.