Easy Chocolate Croissants
Looking for a quick chocolate fix? These easy chocolate croissants are ready in only 20 minutes and full of chocolate, then drizzled with more chocolate and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
A fun and delicious treat, anytime!
Today is the last day of Choctoberfest but it will never be the end of chocolate over here.
If there is one thing we love at our house, it’s chocolate of all kinds.
My daughter is a milk chocolate girl. I am a dark chocolate girl and my son adores white chocolate.
So overall, we do make a lot of chocolate things. If you want more chocolate goodness, simply check out the other chocolate recipes here on the site.
This is one of those easy recipes I almost always have the ingredients on hand to make. Plus we enjoy making crescent rolls from scratch so you can always go that route if you forget to pick a can up from the store.
But you know what I love the best about these Easy Chocolate Croissants? Not only are they super easy, but they are done in about 20 minutes.
That means you can make them almost anytime. And once they cool, they can be eaten on the go.
They make a great special treat in a kids lunch box (or mom or dads too!).
Now, I love drizzling melted chocolate over the top of mine, but that is not a necessary step.
They are delicious straight outta the oven, with no additional ingredients or additions.
But I love how the chocolate drizzle looks and I the powdered sugar just adds something else.
Not only are they delicious, but they are pretty to look at too.
Add On’s for Easy Chocolate Croissants
We also sometimes love to add other additions… a few things that go great inside these with the chocolate are:
- peanut butter
- shredded coconut
- fresh chopped strawberries
- chopped nuts
- mini marshmallows
- cream cheese
- and of course many other additions
More Delicious Chocolate Recipes
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar Brownies
- Easy Dark Chocolate Galaxy Cupcakes
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
- Black Forest Parfaits
- Chocolate Almond Cheesecake
- Hot Chocolate Treat
Recipe for Easy Chocolate Croissants
Printable recipe below or simply pin for later!
Easy Chocolate Croissants
- 1 8ct can of Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup chopped chocolate or we opt for chocolate chunks
- 1 small egg beaten with 1 teaspoon of milk (makes an egg wash)
- melted chocolate for drizzling optional
- Powdered Sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Separate crescent roll dough into 8 separate triangles. Put a heaping tablespoon of chopped chocolate on top of each triangle. You can put as little or as much as you’d like, but remember you want it to stay inside the croissants at the end of the day. So don’t overstuff too much.
- Beginning at the fat end of the crescent roll dough, roll the dough to the finer tip wrapping the tip securely around and making sure it’s face down when it goes on the baking sheet.
- Brush the tops and sides of each rolled crescent with the egg wash.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate for drizzling, if desired. Drizzle chocolate over the tops of each crescent.
- Sift powdered sugar over each crescent before serving, if desired.
- Best if served warm, but still delicious at room temperature.
- Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. (ours never last that long)
- While you can substitute the chocolate for chocolate chips, we’ve found that chopped chocolate bars seem to melt better than the chocolate chips.
- These go lightening fast at parties, so make sure you double or even triple the recipe.
Love how versatile crescent rolls are! These look wonderful!
I’ve never tried making my own croissants because I thought it’d be way too time-consuming. This definitely would make life easier though!