A slice of crumbly, sweet, delicious cake and a hot cup of coffee – nothing can be better. Rich and Chocolaty with a touch of Espresso and baked to perfection – that’s the magic of this delicious Chocolate Espresso Bundt Coffee Cake.
An amazing coffee cake recipe is like an old friend and a hot cup of coffee combined into every single delectable bite.
It’s National Coffee Cake Day. Who knew there was such a thing? Well, some of us foodies did. And in celebration we are bringing you a line up of some amazing coffee cake recipes. Hosted by the amazing Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm. Thank you for such a fun theme!
We decided to bring this delicious Chocolate Espresso Bundt Coffee Cake for National Coffee Cake Day. It’s a wonderfully moist coffee cake, dripping with Chocolate Espresso Ganache, topped with crumbled pecans and dusted with espresso powder. Can you imagine anything more incredible?
I can’t really say why we started making this particular coffee cake in a bundt pan, but I assure you that Chocolate Espresso Bundt Coffee Cake SHOULD be made in a bundt cake. Mostly because it looks beautiful at the end. Don’t you agree?
I may have had a piece for breakfast. With a hot steaming cup of black coffee and on this unseasonably cold Spring morning, that is just what I needed. Because really…. who said I couldn’t have cake for breakfast?
After you check out this delicious Chocolate Espresso Bundt Coffee Cake, don’t forget to check out everyone’s great coffee cake recipes today in celebration of National Coffee Cake Day.
- Blueberry Lemon Buttermilk Coffee Cake by Girl Abroad
- Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Busy Day Blueberry Ginger Coffee Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Butter Crumb Coffee Cake from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Buttermilk Coffee Cake with Jam by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Espresso Bundt Coffee Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Cinnamon Nut Coffee Ring from Family Around the Table
- Coffee Cake Donuts by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cookie Butter Coffee Cake from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Crumble Topped Nutty Coffee Cake by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Meyer Lemon Coffee Cake from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake by House of Nash Eats
Are you ready to make this Chocolate Espresso Bundt Coffee Cake?
Chocolate Espresso Bundt Coffee Cake
A wonderfully moist coffee cake baked beautifully in a bundt pan, dripping with Chocolate Espresso Ganache, topped with crumbled pecans and dusted with espresso powder.
For the Cake:
- 3/4 cup softened butter room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup espresso OR strongly brewed coffee
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
For the Topping:
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped (optional)
- extra espresso powder for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a large bowl, combine the softened butter, granulated and brown sugars and the baking powder. Beat mixture until smooth.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating in between.
Add sour cream, milk, and espresso and mix again, just until combined. Gradually beat in flour a little at a time, until fully incorporated.
Spray Bundt pan thoroughly with cooking spray. Immediately pour the batter into the bundt cake pan.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool in bundt pan for about 10 minutes, then flip onto a rack for an additional 10 minutes before removing from pan. Usually the cake will have come out on it's own.
Place the chopped chocolate into a medium bowl.
Heat the cream and espresso powder in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil. Remove from heat immediately and pour over chopped chocolate. Whisk until smooth.
Cool ganache just slightly before drizzling over your cake.
Sprinkle chopped pecans and more espresso powder over the top of your coffee cake. Enjoy!