Enjoy a slice of Dutch Apple Coffee Cake with your coffee or tea, as a mid-morning break or a wonderful irresistible bite after a wonderful Fall meal.
This post is sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsors, Swiss Diamond, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, Nordic Ware, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal, Nairn’s and The Spice House have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
ALSO! Don’t miss out on the appleweek giveaway! Awesome prizes, amazing sponsors and be sure and check out all the fantastic apple recipes this week!
This Dutch Apple Coffee Cake is one of my favorite Fall cakes to make. It’s easy, reminds me easily of Fall, and goes great with my morning coffee.
When I was planning my recipes for Apple Week, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to make at all. Our sponsors were all so generous and I wanted to be sure and use sponsor products as frequently as I could.
Now this dish is HUGE. It hold’s SO much food. We have used it for several dinners, it works great for any meal we tried. But I was excited to use it for This Dutch Apple Coffee cake and see how it did.
First thing was first, I had to double the recipe to ensure that it fit. But I’m SO glad I did. It baked up beautifully, was super moist, soft and full of apple and cinnamon flavor.
Second, I had to decide whether I wanted to cover the cake with the casserole lid or not. In the long run, I decided to, since that was the point of using the dish. It was perfect!
I tried to remember where we got the recipe for this Dutch Apple Coffee Cake. It’s been in a box my grandmother gave me, but written in my mother’s handwriting.
A lot of my mother’s recipes came from those school/church cookbooks that were popular back in the 70’s and 80’s. Sure enough, I found the original recipe in a cookbook I still have from elementary school.
Over the years I have tweaked it a bit, but it’s still the same delicious apple flavor, same great spiced goodness and just a great way to enjoy a Fall dessert.
So this week we are going to inundate you with wonderful apple recipes. All brought to you with some of the best sponsors. There are prizes to be won, and delicious food and recipes to check out.
This Dutch Apple Coffee Cake is just the start.
- Apple & Lentil Andouille Crockpot Stew by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apples and Chai Smoothie by Our Good Life
- Apple Cider Cutout Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Cider Pancakes by Family Around the Table
- Apple Cinnamon Pull Aparts by The Freshman Cook
- Apple Crepes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Apple Crisp Ebelskivers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Fritter Monkey Bread by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Herb Stuffed Pork Chops by West Via Midwest
- Apple Pudding by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies by The Monday Box
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Maple Sugar Butter by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Upside Down Cake by Lemon Blossoms
- Appledoodle Cookies by Cookaholic Wife
- Applesauce Coffee Cake by An Affair from the Heart
- Applesauce Muffins by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Baked Apple Donuts by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples by Simple and Savory
- Bourbon Apple Pecan Bread Pudding by Soulfully Made
- Caramel Apple Crumb Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Jam by Books n’ Cooks
- Gingersnapple Tart by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chicken Salad Apple Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dutch Apple Cobbler with Cheesecake Topping by Who Needs a Cape?
- Dutch Apple Coffee Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- German Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup by House of Nash Eats
- One Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Apples by Jonesin’ for Taste
- Oven Roasted Apple Butter by Savory Moments
- Salted Caramel Apple Crumble by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Bacon by The Anthony Kitchen
- Sugar Free Apple Pie with Crumble Topping by Tip Garden
- White Cheddar and Apple Chicken Chili by 4 Sons R Us
- Vegan Caramel Apple Galette by The Baking Fairy
Are you ready to make Dutch Apple Coffee Cake?
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.