Watergate Salad Pudding Pops – The classic, creamy flavor of Watergate Salad frozen into a wonderfully refreshing and delicious popsicle! Creamy pistachio pudding, mini marshmallows, pineapple chunks make up this incredible summer treat.
“This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
It’s so hot right now in St. Louis.
It’s hotter than normal for this time of year and the humidity is terrible.
We look for any way we can to cool down.
This has led to an increase in fun and different popsicles.
Lucky for me it’s Day 2 of Summer Dessert Week, and it was the perfect excuse to share this fun and easy recipe for Watergate Salad Pudding Pops.
My teens and in-betweens and even the toddler’s LOVE Watergate Salad.
When trying to come up with some ideas for some fun and creamy concoctions, our wheels were turning one day at dinner.
We started naming off different foods we would like to make in popsicle form.
We have some really fun flavors coming, but these Watergate Salad Pudding Pops we wanted to share first.
If you love Classic Watergate Salad, you will absolutely love these Watergate Salad Pudding Pops.
We tend to serve Watergate Salad at all kinds of events.
Honestly it is the perfect summer side dish, which is why it makes such a great flavor of popsicle!
I knew these would be perfect for Summer Dessert Week because I like to share recipes we make a lot with everyone.
Our favorite Summer Desserts.
And that’s these incredible Watergate Salad Pudding Pops.
Once we made a batch or two, we’ve made several more.
My kids love them. And that’s how I usually test a family friendly recipe.
If the kids eat them all up, I usually know it’s a winner.
I promise these don’t melt as badly as these pics make it look.
It was nearly 100 degrees the day I decided to make this batch.
I headed outside to shoot and well, they were melting pretty quickly.
In fact, I felt like I was melting pretty quickly too.
The base of these popsicles is a classic pudding pop recipe using pistachio pudding.
Simply add marshmallows and pineapple and you essentially have watergate salad.
You can add nuts too, but we decided not to since the pudding mix already has pistachios in it.
Welcome to the 2nd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This sweet week-long event is filled with fun dessert recipes from amazing bloggers and some great giveaways from our generous sponsors!
We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with y’all and celebrate summertime sweets all week long!
There are 23 wonderful bloggers participating in this year’s event!
With over 60 recipes being shared all week long we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite!
Here are today’s shared recipes:
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Strawberry Banana Brownie Parfaits from Big Bear’s Wife
- Creamy Key Lime Curd Parfaits from Pastry Chef Online
Are you ready to make Watergate Salad Pudding Pops?
Watergate Salad Pudding Pops
- 1 3.9 oz. pckage Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 ¼ cup thawed whipped topping
- ½ cup pineapple tidbits drained
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Beat the instant pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk for 2 min.
- Stir in whipped topping.
- Spoon the pudding mixture into popsicle molds about ¾ full.
- Add about 3-4 pieces of pineapple tidbits to each mold. Next add 3-4 mini marshmallows per mold. Be sure to push some down to the bottom.
- Insert a popsicle stick into each mold and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- If you have any trouble removing popsicles, fill a sink with cold water and dip popsicle molds into the water careful to not get the water into the molds. Allow to sit until popsicles are removed from molds easily.