Watergate Salad Pudding Pops – The classic, creamy flavor of Watergate Salad frozen into a wonderfully refreshing and delicious popsicle! Creamy pistachio pudding, mini marshmallows, pineapple chunks make up this incredible summer treat.
“This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
It’s so hot right now in St. Louis.
It’s hotter than normal for this time of year and the humidity is terrible.
We look for any way we can to cool down.
This has led to an increase in fun and different popsicles.
Lucky for me it’s Day 2 of Summer Dessert Week, and it was the perfect excuse to share this fun and easy recipe for Watergate Salad Pudding Pops.
My teens and in-betweens and even the toddler’s LOVE Watergate Salad.
When trying to come up with some ideas for some fun and creamy concoctions, our wheels were turning one day at dinner.
We started naming off different foods we would like to make in popsicle form.
We already made Root Beer Float Popsicles and Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles.
We have some really fun flavors coming, but these Watergate Salad Pudding Pops we wanted to share first.
If you love Classic Watergate Salad, you will absolutely love these Watergate Salad Pudding Pops.
We tend to serve Watergate Salad at all kinds of events.
Honestly it is the perfect summer side dish, which is why it makes such a great flavor of popsicle!
I knew these would be perfect for Summer Dessert Week because I like to share recipes we make a lot with everyone.
Our favorite Summer Desserts.
And that’s these incredible Watergate Salad Pudding Pops.
Once we made a batch or two, we’ve made several more.
My kids love them. And that’s how I usually test a family friendly recipe.
If the kids eat them all up, I usually know it’s a winner.
I promise these don’t melt as badly as these pics make it look.
It was nearly 100 degrees the day I decided to make this batch.
I headed outside to shoot and well, they were melting pretty quickly.
In fact, I felt like I was melting pretty quickly too.
The base of these popsicles is a classic pudding pop recipe using pistachio pudding.
Simply add marshmallows and pineapple and you essentially have watergate salad.
You can add nuts too, but we decided not to since the pudding mix already has pistachios in it.
These pops are super easy to make honestly, and the flavor is so goooood! Kids love them, adults love them. I’m pretty confident if you love watergate salad, you’ll love them too.
Are you ready to make Watergate Salad Pudding Pops?
Watergate Salad Pudding Pops
- 1 3.9 oz. pckage Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 ¼ cups thawed whipped topping
- ½ cups pineapple tidbits drained
- ½ cups mini marshmallows
- Beat the instant pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk for 2 min.
- Stir in whipped topping.
- Spoon the pudding mixture into popsicle molds about 3/4 full.
- Add about 3-4 pieces of pineapple tidbits to each mold. Next add 3-4 mini marshmallows per mold. Be sure to push some down to the bottom.
- Insert a popsicle stick into each mold and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- If you have any trouble removing popsicles, fill a sink with cold water and dip popsicle molds into the water careful to not get the water into the molds. Allow to sit until popsicles are removed from molds easily.