Pineapples. Check. Rum. Check. Marshmallow. Check. Coconut. Check. These delicious ingredients make up this amazing Pineapple Rum Coconut Fluff Salad. It’s the perfect sweet side dish addition to any BBQ or Cook Out!
Hey, it’s finally summer, we’re feeling festive and this fluffy tropical salad is a true crowd-pleaser and will bring loads of smiles and requests for the recipe.
Comment below with your favorite cookout recipe!
I don’t know where you are, but where I am, in the heart of St. Louis, it’s HOT. And yes, it requires all capitals because o.m.g.
Heat Index of 106 a couple of times last week alone. This is crazy.
By the end of the day, as evening comes, we are so sick of being cooped up inside.
We are ready to get out and spend some time in the backyard or at our local park, with family as the temperatures begin to cool and the sun goes down.
The perfect time for a cookout. We fire up that grill and eat lots, laugh lots and enjoy our time together.
This Pineapple Rum Coconut Fluff Salad is a huge hit at any gathering and is gobbled up pretty quickly.
Make sure you make plenty and be prepared to share the recipe too. I have been for years. It’s just so good, light and perfect paired at a cookout!
These pictures show off all the wonderful ingredients, but you can’t imagine the wonderful flavors dancing across your tongue.
It goes fast and is gobbled up by my family.
If you wind up with leftovers, which for me only ever happens if I make a double batch, it’s great the next day for breakfast.
Straight out of the fridge.
How do I know? Let’s not talk about that right now.
Let’s just dig into this fabulous sweet side dish and call it a day.
Now let’s get to making this Pineapple Rum Coconut Fluff Salad
Pineapple Rum Coconut Fluff Salad
- 1 3.4 oz packet vanilla instant pudding
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple not drained
- 1 8 oz. container sour cream
- 1 8 oz container whipped cream
- 1 teaspoons rum extract
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the vanilla pudding and crushed pineapple with juice. (DO NOT DRAIN THE JUICE OUT – you want alllllll the flavor!) Mix well.
- Gently fold the sour cream, whipped cream and rum extract into the pineapple/pudding mixture.
- Mix the marshmallows, coconut and walnuts into the mixture.
- Chill for approximately 1-2 hours. Serve cold.
Looking for a little more pineapple goodness?