Creamy, flavorful Garlic and Roasted Bell Pepper Farfalle is perfect when you’re looking for a little comfort food or when you want to throw together a quick dinner. Either way, it’s delicious and full of all the garlic roasted bell pepper goodness!
We adore bell peppers here at our house. How about you?
If you do, today is an awesome day for that.
I’ve joined up with Divemex and a few of my amazing blogger friends to celebrate bell pepper in a huge #PepperParty!
Here some more about Divemex:
“The growers of Divemex specialize in greenhouse grown peppers in state of the art facilities that facilitate the production of the highest quality peppers in some of the safest facilities anywhere. But most importantly, as a Fair Trade Certified company, they have an unwavering commitment to social responsibility that puts workers first.”
They are amazing, go give them some love on FB and tell them we sent you: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Divemex/137976052934807
There’s lots of recipes too! That’s right!
We’re all sharing some recipes featuring delicious bell peppers of every color, shape and size.
But that’s not all, you’ll all have a chance to win some prizes.
Amazing, awesome prizes! Scroll down to see today’s prize! (all prizes have been claimed but the recipe is down below!)
Each day of the party, we will be featuring a different prize! Today you have the chance to win this Le Creuset 3 ½ quart Signature Braiser (a $240 Value)! I love Le Creuset so much, it’s the highest quality and lasts forever. This braiser is just gorgeous and would be so cool to win and add to your kitchen dishes. Interested? Well, you can enter for your chance to win this beautiful Braiser at the bottom of this post using the Rafflecopter widget. Good luck!
But wait, there’s more…
Here’s the thing, we aren’t done yet. Not even close!
There is still so much more to this #pepperparty. More prizes!
Tonight (October 3, 2013) there will be a #PepperParty Twitter chat from 8 – 9 PM Eastern.
You should join us, and you will have the chance to also win one of 10 Divemex Pepper Corers and 2 Veggie Grill Racks.
The perfect edition for any kitchen that loves bell peppers as much as we do!
Yes, there is a recipe here.
This delicious Garlic and Roasted Bell Pepper Farfalle for our #pepperparty is coming up next.
But before we move on to my delicious recipe, let me show you what everyone else has made with those awesome bell peppers:
- How To Make Roasted Red Peppers In A Slow Cooker by Cook the Story
- Pepper Rings with Chipotle Maple Ketchup by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cheesy Pumpkin Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (Vegan and Gluten Free!) by What Jew Wanna Eat
- Curried Coconut Chicken Soup with Brown Rice by Chocolate & Carrots
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus by Juanita’s Cocina
- Italian Stuffed Peppers by poet in the pantry
- Red and Yellow Bell Pepper Soup by The Redhead Baker
- Roasted Red Pepper and Italian Sausage Pasta by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Tri-Pepper Quesadillas with Creamy Chipotle Sauce by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Grilled Pepper and Peach Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Quiche Provencale by Healthy. Delicious.
- Roasted Red Pepper & Sun Dried Tomato Dip by White Lights on Wednesday
- Garlic and Roasted Bell Pepper Farfalle by Daily Dish Recipes
- Poached Egg in a Bell Pepper by Food Snob 2.0
Let’s get cooking and whip up some Garlic and Roasted Bell Pepper Farfalle!
Garlic and Roasted Bell Pepper Farfalle
For the Roasted Bell Peppers
- 3 large bell peppers in a variety of colors (we chose orange, green and yellow)
- sat and pepper to taste
For the Farfalle
- 1 8 ounces package of Farfalle Bow Tie Pasta
For the garlic sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 large garlic cloves minced (we use 3 becuase we love garlic)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese plus extra for serving
- 1 cup of milk or light cream
- salt pepper, herbs, to taste
Roasting the Bell Peppers
- Preheat your broiler.
- Cut each bell pepper in half lengthwise and remove all seeds and membranes.
- Slice the bell peppers in strips and sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper, if desired.
- Lay them skin side up on a foil-lined baking sheet. Sort of press them down as flat as you can get them.
- Broil them for approximately 5-8 minutes or until blackened. We did not blacken ours this time, the kids don’t like them blackened. You do what your family is comfortable with. Set aside.
For the Farfalle
- Prepare the farfalle according to package directions.
For the Garlic Sauce
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter; add the minced garlic.Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese. Cook for another minute.
- Stir in the milk or cream and continue heating until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Remove from stove and stir in salt, pepper and any herbs you’d like to use. We used basil because we had a ton of it.
To put it all together:
- Drain the pasta and pour into a large bowl.
- Pour in the sauce and toss to coat evenly.
- Add half of the peppers to the mixture and again, toss to coat.
- Spoon out a serving for each plate, top with extra bell peppers, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.