Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.
Everyone seems to love crunchy foods. I love the sound of biting into an apple, that fresh crisp sound, or breaking a piece of celery in half. I know I’ve heard people tell me they crave crunchy foods. That’s strange to me, because I’ve never craved the texture or sound of a food. Ever. I mean, I like the sound, just I wouldn’t pick the food based on the sound.
But when I found out #SundaySupper was doing a Crunchy theme, I knew it was time to get with the program. I thought long and hard on this one. Then I remembered these gems I had found on pinterest a year or so ago.
Crunchy Pumpkin Pie Spice Roasted Chickpeas.
Chickpeas are amazing. And I resisted them for a very, very long time. And this recipe as written is Vegan, Gluten Free and Dairy Free, and these days it’s getting harder to find an easy but tasty snack that boasts all that.
When I found this recipe on Pinterest, I wrote this recipe down in my recipe notebook and credited them to the blog. However, now I can’t find the recipe on her blog anywhere. I thought I might check to see if I could find the recipe elsewhere and instead, what I found… was lot of sites crediting Peas and Thank You. So … the recipe might not be there now, but it was at one point and I wrote it down and here it is.
Oh, and these are super yummy.
We roast chickpeas now all the time, and we love to change up the flavors. But these Crunchy Pumpkin Pie Spice Roasted Chickpeas are very, very mild in flavor and just a really nice snack. A little bit salty, a little bit sweet.
Let’s get started.
You’re going to mix your maple syrup (the real stuff!), canola oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon together in a small bowl. You don’t need one as large as I used as you can clearly see.
Start with a can of Chickenpeas. Drain it into a strainer and rinse them clean.
You might find some of the outside layers coming off, just remove the ones you can and ignore the rest. Won’t change anything.
Once rinsed, pat them dry with paper towels to get them as dry as you can. Coat them in the syrup mixture evenly.
Lay them out flat on a baking pan and bake them at 350 for 25-30 minutes gently stirring them around every 10 minutes to keep them from sticking (they WILL stick, so be sure to watch this). ENJOY!
Crunchy Pumpkin Pie Spice Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 19 ounce can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix together the maple syrup, canola oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Drain chickpeas into a strainer and rinse them clean.
Once rinsed, pat them dry with paper towels to get them as dry as you can.
Coat the chickpeas in your syrup mixture evenly.
Lay them out flat on a baking pan and bake them at 350 for 25-30 minutes gently stirring them around every 10 minutes to keep them from sticking (they WILL stick, so be sure to watch this).
Check out all the other crunchy good recipes in today’s fun #SundaySupper lineup!
- Bitterballen from The Urban Mrs.
- Caprese Wontons from Jane’s Adventure in Dinner
- Crispy Broccoli Cheddar Bites from Curious Cuisiniere
- Waldorf Salad from Noshing With The Nolands
Crunchy Entrees and Sides:
- Crunchy Baked Chicken with Homemade Shake and Bake from Growing Up Gabel
- Crunchy Crusted Chicken Strips with Chipotle Honey Mustard from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Flautas de Rajas con Requeson (Cheesy Poblano Pepper Taquitos) from La Cocina de Leslie
- Penny’s Taco Salad from Webicurean
- Popcorn Chowder from The ROXX Box
- Rosemary Garlic Croutons on layered Savoy Cabbage Soup from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Strawberry and Mozzarella Flatbread from Family Foodie
Munch on Snacks:
- Crunchy & Chewy Chocolate Hazelnut Granola from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Crunchy Granola Bars (Better than Nature Valley) from Shockingly Delicious
- Crunchy Pumpkin Pie Spice Roasted Chickpeas from Daily Dish Recipes
- Duck Fat Chex Mix from The Texan New Yorker
- Easy Vegan Granola from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Fried Veg Momos with Cheese Recipe from Masala Herb
- How to Make Healthy Homemade Sweet and Salty Trail Mix from Neighborfood
- Orange Spiced Cashews from Hip Foodie Mom
- Peanut and Pretzel Popcorn Balls from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from Hezzi-D’s Cooks and Books
- Slow Cooker Bar-B-Q Party Mix from Hot Mamma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Sourdough Grissini from girlichef
- Spicy Lentil Crackers from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sweet and Spicy Roasted Pepitas from Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Chips from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Unbaked Healthy Oatmeal Sesame Bars from My Trials In The Kitchen
- Vanilla Almonds from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Boo Berry Cereal Treats from Pies and Plots
- Choco-Caramel Squares from Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Rice Krispie Treats from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Pecan Biscotti from The Food Army Wife
- Cookie Brittle from Juanita’s Cocina
- Double Banana Pie Krispie Treats from What Smells So Good?
- Honeycomb Crunch Candy from Food Lust People Love
- Momofuku Chocolate Chip Cornflakes Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Nutty Wedges with Brown Sugar Whipped Cream from Magnolia Days
- Salted Caramel Cashew Cookies from Mess Makes Food