The creamy, cheesy, velvety goodness you remember from your childhood, is everything that makes up this Old School From Scratch Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese Recipe.
Every bite is cheesy deliciousness!
Yep, I went old-school today.
It is the Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese my grandmother used to serve me at her house.
Yes, it is basic, traditional and very old-school. (And really easy, so don’t judge)
And guess what? Only FOUR simple ingredients. I love recipes that only have a few ingredients.
Especially when they are easy to source/find ingredients.
I know that some people don’t like using Velveeta, and that’s perfectly fine. You totally don’t have to.
There are plenty of other macaroni and cheese recipes on the site that do NOT call for Velveeta.
You can find some links for these, further down.
But this is a recipe for the old school recipe using Velveeta. So, obviously it is going to have it in it.
We are a house of Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese lovers.
Yes, my tastes have stepped off a little from this simple recipe.
Still there is nothing like coming back to a creamy, delicious reminder of your childhood. Nothing.
Let’s Make Old School Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese! Stat!
It is so easy, creamy and ridiculously delicious.
A comfort food like no other!
Definitely my go-to recipe when I want something comforting, that is easy and doesn’t require a lot of work!
Can I bake Old School Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese?
Yes, you can bake this recipe if you’d like. It won’t be as creamy out of the oven, which is why we don’t.
But if you’d like a little golden color to it and want to bake it, you can.
After all the steps, you can toss it in a 350 degree F oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Can I add cracker crumbs to Macaroni and Cheese?
Yes! Many macaroni and cheese lovers enjoy a crunchy topping in the form of crumbled potato chips or cracker crumbs.
You can sprinkle them over the top and broil in the oven for a couple of minutes or bake in the oven. 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or so.
What can I serve with Macaroni and Cheese?
At our house, a fresh garden salad or Caesar salad pairs really well with macaroni and cheese.
My kids love green veggies like green beans, broccoli or peas with their macaroni and cheese.
Macaroni and cheese pairs well with steak, hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken as a side dish too.
Do you like Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese as much as we do?
Ingredients and Substitutions
Just 4 ingredients!!
(printable recipe at the bottom of the post)
- (8 ounce) package of elbow pasta
- stick of butter
- (12 ounce can) of evaporated milk
- 1 pound block of Velveeta cheese, cut into 1″-2″ cubes
Macaroni and Cheese without Velveeta
Favorite Recipes We Also Love
Are you ready to make up some Old School Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese?
Old School Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 ounces elbow pasta
- 1 stick butter
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 pounds Velveeta cheese cut into 1″-2″ cubes
- Boil the pasta as directed on the package.
- Drain the water but keep ¼ cup or so in the bottom of the pot. Add 1 stick of butter, the can of evaporated milk and the Velveeta cheese.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper in there. (if you're like us, you'll sprinkle loads of pepper and barely any salt, because for some reason it just tastes better that way).
- Heat the pot on medium until the cheese is completely melted and blended in.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for about 5 minutes. Stir and serve.
- It will get thicker the longer it sits, enjoy!!