Jolly Rancher Vodka is SO much fun!Jolly Rancher infused vodka in a variety of rainbow colors. You can sip alone or create a vodka soda, cocktail recipe or use in other ways! DELISH!
Let me preface this and say, while I enjoy a glass of wine from time to time, I am not much of a drinker, so these Jolly Rancher Vodka’s will take FOREVER for me to finish.
Yes, sometimes mom needs a drink too. And this time it come in the form of these fun Jolly Rancher Vodka’s that are super easy to make, though they do take some time to get ready so be sure you allow enough time.
I stumbled across these on Pinterest quite some time ago. Right after the big Skittles Vodka’s were going around. You see, I’m weird, and won’t eat skittles. I was completely turned off when in the direction for the Skittles Vodka it said to “skim the layer of white gunk out by straining them”. I was pretty grossed out in general, but then I’m also not a Skittles fan.
I remember wondering if there was another way to make these. Maybe another candy? And then I let the thought go.
Until I saw these babies.
Jolly Rancher Vodka
I can do Jolly Ranchers. I can do Vodka. Probably not straight, but I can do it. I love Jolly Ranchers, and I love using things that aren’t “typical” to make new things. So I was sold. I made these Jolly Rancher lollipops and these Jolly Rancher lollipops that I used to make with my preschool class. But these Jolly Rancher Vodka’s are only for me. Seems weird even mentioning them in the same post, but hey …. mom’s need a little fun too. Right?
Jolly Rancher Infused Vodka doesn’t really require a specific recipe, it’s more a tutorial or how-to, but I’ll create a printable “recipe” method so you can print them and do them too.
Jolly Rancher Vodka - Mom's Time Out
- 1 large bottle of vodka, I used Smirnoff Vodka
- 3 lb. bag of jolly ranchers
- 5-10 mason jars, depending on size
- I used the smaller mason jars for mine, which allowed me to make two jars of each flavor. You can use larger jars or just use other types of bottles and just follow the directions to fit what you are using.
- Separate the jolly ranchers by flavor. There were five flavors in my bag; cherry, blue raspberry, green apple, watermelon and grape. I tried to find some cinnamon ones but our store didn't have them. So I stuck with these guys.
- Open all of the candies and set them in piles across the table. I wound up using about 15 per little jar. I would imagine you will need more if you choose to use a larger jar.
- Pour the vodka about 1/2 of the way up the jar/bottle you are using. Do this for each flavor you plan to make. I had ten jars I was filling - two of each flavor. This used up all the vodka I had purchased. (which was my goal).
- Now take your pile of all cherry jolly ranchers. You should have 15 of them if you are making one jar of each flavor. If you are making two jars of each flavor you will need 30 cherry jolly ranchers. Put 15 cherry jolly ranchers in one jar. If there is space between the vodka and the top of the jar, you can add a little more. I did that with each one. Put the lid on, turn the jar upside down and right side up, shaking it very gently just to loosen up all the jolly ranchers and then simply set it aside somewhere to sit and infuse for 24 hours. Repeat the process with each additional flavor until you have all the Jolly Rancher Infused Vodka you think you will use.
- Set them all aside for 24 hours. At the 12 hour mark, I simple picked them up and gently shook them upside down a few times just to mix it all up.
- As soon as the jolly ranchers are completely dissolved they are ready to use. See suggestions below in the post for what they can be used for.
Suggestions for Using Jolly Rancher Infused Vodka
- Straight flavored shots are fun.
- Add to jello to make jello shots with unique flavor combinations.
- Blend 1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream with a shot of Cherry Jolly Rancher Vodka (or any other flavor)
- Lemonade with a shot of any of the flavors but especially good with Cherry or Blue Raspberry
- Iced Tea with a shot of any of the Jolly Rancher Vodka flavors (loved it with Watermelon or Green Apple)
- Substitute the flavors in any cocktail recipe calling for flavored vodka.
There are lots more ways you can enjoy these fun treats. It will take me forever to go through them all.
I store them in my freezer so they are plenty cold when I’m ready to enjoy some, and vodka doesn’t freeze, so you’re good to go.