During the summer, we have much more time to spend on cooking and meals in general, but that doesn’t mean we always do.
Some nights, we just want to get dinner on the table so we can get back to whatever it is we were doing before that.
Sometimes it’s so we can get back to the pool, the lake or even just a game or TV show we were enjoying together.
It’s nights like that, I just want something easy. It’s nights like that, I turn to simple dishes.
My kids adore gnocchi and most of the time it doesn’t matter how it’s prepared or what it’s prepared with, but I must confess, our favorite “sauce” is a browned butter garlic sauce.
We’re garlic addicts. Have I mentioned that before?
But even if you don’t like garlic, you can leave the garlic out of the browned butter and just enjoy it that way.
The thing we love about this meal is that we simply buy gnocchi from the store. You can make it, nobody is stopping you and we do from time to time. However, for a quick #weeknight meal, we just grab some from the store and go with it.
If your kids are picky like mine, you can grill the mushrooms up separate and eat them all yourself and you can toss some fresh veggies with the garlic butter instead.
However you enjoy your meal, remember to enjoy it together, because even crazy weeknights should be slowed down to a crawl for some family time once in awhile.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the posts this week!
- Monday – No One Likes Crumbley Cookies – Gluten Free Pasta Salad
- Wednesday – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings – Salmon Caprese Salad
- Thursday – Magnolia Days – Calypso Pork Chops
- Friday – ME! – Gnocci and Mushrooms in a Brown Butter Sauce
Gnocchi and Mushrooms in Brown Butter Sauce Recipe
Gnocci and Mushrooms in a Brown Butter Sauce
- 1 package of gnocchi
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms any type you enjoy
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- A sprig of Fresh parsley
- A sprig of Fresh Oregano
- A sprig of Fresh Basil
- Parmesan Cheese optional
- Prepare the gnocchi according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a pan on the stove over medium heat, melt the stick of butter. Add the mushrooms and cook over medium heat until mushrooms begin to soften.
- Put the garlic cloves and all the fresh herbs into your food processor.
- Once the butter and mushrooms are starting to brown, add the garlic and herbs. Saute for about 2 minutes or until the garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat. Pour over the gnocchi.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired and serve.