Tangy, hearty, fall apart Crockpot Ranch Chicken. Slow cooked chicken falls apart and is added to spaghetti with a creamy sauce. Incredible!
There is nothing I find more comforting and perfect on a cold day, then a nice hot perfectly slow cooked crockpot ranch chicken dinner.
Tender chicken that simply falls apart and is mixed with a deliciously creamy sauce on top of spaghetti. It’s simply fabulous and ridiculously easy.
This is part of the A-Z Challenge and today it is letter R. We are 17 days into this fun challenge. This has been so much fun! I have met some great new bloggers and found some new people to follow. Plus I am loving the challenge of a recipe a day.
I was not real sure what I wanted to do with the letter R and for the first two weeks I was considering Raspberries, because I love them. But then I remembered this super yummy meal that I throw in the crockpot and knew it was the perfect meal to share.
I know everyone will love it, and it is a great jumping off point if you want to add veggies like spinach, tomatoes or something else.
I am sorry about the photo above. We were well under way of serving and eating dinner before I thought to take a photo. Typically you serve these as full sized breasts of meat on top of the pasta and the person served can shred it themselves if they want. I want. er… I wanted.
So mine is no longer a breast of chicken in this photo.
We have served this to company a number of times, and I’m asked for the recipe all the time. You can lighten the dish a bit by substituting lighter ingredients as well. I love a good versatile recipe.
Looking for more great crockpot recipes?
Recipe for Crockpot Ranch Chicken
Crockpot Ranch Chicken
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 pkg. dry ranch dip
- ½ c. chicken broth
- ⅓ cup of heavy cream we used half & half to cut the fat!
- 2-3 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 3 oz. pkg of cream cheese
- 1 Tbs. of any chopped or dry herb we use oregano or basil
- Piece of advice #1 – Use cooking spray inside your crockpot before you put everything in. It really makes clean up so much easier. My kids take turn doing the dishes so I do it for them.
- Lay your chicken breasts out and sprinkle them with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place them into the crock pot and empty a pkg. of dry ranch mix over the chicken.
- Add the chicken broth and cook on high for 4 hours, low for 6 hours.
- Working quickly, so the lid isn’t open or off for long – About 20 minutes before it’s done cooking, in a small bowl mix the heavy cream with the cornstarch.
- Pour it on top of the chicken.
- Add some seasonings and spices to taste. We use basil and oregano but you can use whatever you want. Just sprinkle that across everything in the crockpot.
- Cut up the cream cheese and drop it into the crockpot. Try to make sure it lands into the liquid to help it melt better. Put your lid on and allow it to continue cooking for 20 minutes or so.
- Prep some pasta or rice to eat with the chicken.
- When the chicken is done, serve it on a bed of rice or on top of some pasta. Scoop up the sauce and pour it over the top.
- It’s so good!