This gooey mess of cheesy Ciabatta Bread Bacon Pizza is absolutely mouth watering delicious! The perfect side dish or snack almost anytime. It’s great for lunch too!
Have you ever had one of those recipes you wish you could just put in front of everyone? This is the one for me.
This Ciabatta Bread Bacon Pizza is exactly the kind of recipe everyone needs in their life.
Overflowing with gooey melted cheese, crispy flavor filled bacon and soft and chewy ciabatta bread this ciabatta pizza is to die for.
It makes a fantastic side dish to any meal in place of garlic bread. It pairs great with a side salad for a quick and easy lunch and is the perfect after school snack.
We’ve been making these for years, and sometimes we add some jalapenos, or a little sauce on the bread before melting the cheese. You can do all sorts of things to give this Ciabatta Bread Bacon Pizza some new life.
I chose this because today is the letter P in the A-Z blogging challenge. We picked pizza cause we all love pizza. I guess in a sense this isn’t exactly “pizza”… it’s more like garlic bread with extra stuff. GOOOOOOOD extra stuff though.
We considered doing pasta for today, but since I have SO many pasta recipes on this blog already, pizza won.
So how we came up with this, was we were browsing a photo site (can’t remember if it was pinterest or instagram or maybe even a blog) and someone posted a photo of what reminded me very much of a small slice of bacon pizza.
We thought about how it might have been made, and came up with this. It’s been a lot of years since we did that, and we still make this often. It’s my son’s favorite snack.
He’s been eating it since high school and now it’s a great after work snack since he’s grown.
Don’t forget that there’s so much more you can do with this. Add some fresh spinach or arugula, add some herbs or spices, pick your favorite toppings to add. Or simply keep it simple like this.
Are you ready to make Ciabatta Bread Bacon Pizza?
Ciabatta Bread Bacon Pizza
- 1 loaf of Ciabatta bread
- 1 pounds fresh mozzarella sliced thin
- 1 cups fresh basil chopped (and/or other herbs)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pounds bacon cooked and crumbled
- Turn the broiler on high.
- Slice the Ciabatta bread in half, lengthwise.
- Brush olive oil on top of each ciabatta bread slice. Add the minced garlic and the chopped herbs.
- Place the ciabatta bread under the broiler for about 1-2 minutes until a light brown color appears on top. Be super careful not to let it burn while watching it. It takes literally seconds for it to burn.
- Remove from the oven and turn your oven to 275 degrees.
- Add the slices of mozzarella across each slice evenly. Top with the crumbled bacon. (or any other topping you desire)
- Note: If you want tomato sauce or roasted tomatoes or something else under the cheese, add this first.
- Place it all back in the oven for about 5-10 minutes until the mozzarella cheese has melted completely. Remove and allow to cool slightly. SO good!