Easy to make and incredibly creamy and versatile, this Delicious Basil Dip is absolutely awesome with so many things, including meats, breads, veggies and chips!
Today is day 4 in the A-Z Blogging Challenge in April.
We are on Letter D and today I decided to blog a Dip recipe.
Basil Dip recipe, to be exact.
I have a certain affinity for dips.
In fact, I love dipping many different kinds of foods into dips.
Apparently I just don’t like things plain most of the time, which I can totally acknowledge.
This yummy basil dip was actually originally a dip recipe I found in Taste of Home.
I changed it up and kind of modified and adjusted it a bit, until it became totally ours.
At this point, it in no way resembles what I found 10+ years ago in the magazine.
This is a great dip to take to events, potlucks and other parties.
It goes really well with so many different things.
Mmm… Delicious Basil Dip
We eat this with steak which is one of my favorite ways to enjoy it.
It is also fabulous with breads and veggies in particular.
There are of course numerous other ways to enjoy it, but point is, you really need to enjoy it.
It’s amazing. Full of flavor.
More Delicious Recipes
- Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
- Bacon Popcorn
- Chicken Kiev with a Twist
- Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp
- Nutella Breakfast Muffins
- Baked Onion Dip
Recipe for Delicious Basil Dip
Delicious Basil Dip
- 1 1/2 cloves of garlic more if you like a lot of garlic – we do, minced (you can do this before you add all the other ingredients)
- 3/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup mayonnaise we use light, and sometimes don’t add the olive oil and use the olive oil mayo
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- In your blender or food processor, chop up your garlic, then add the basil and chop that all up. Then add the mayonnaise.
- Next add the Dijon Mustard, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Blend everything until it is completely smooth and combined. Put it in a dish, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or so. This allows the flavors to marry and results in a delicious, fragrant, wonderful Basil Dip.