Beautiful golden Dandelion Jelly tastes like sweet honey with a twist of citrus. Absolutely delicious on sandwiches, toast, bagels and english muffins.
It’s Farmer’s Market Week this week and we are sharing recipes that are inspired by or stem from, the Farmer’s Market. I brought this Dandelion Jelly we’ve been making for years.
My favorite part of the Farmer’s Market is browsing through all the fun canned items for sale. Unique jellies, jams and other condiments usually adorn the shelves and it makes me happy.
I adore making specialty jellies at home, and my favorite happens to be my Honeysuckle Jelly. We’ve also made a fantastic Corn Cob Jelly. Later this week we have another fun and pretty different jelly coming, but for now we truly adore this Dandelion Jelly.
It’s SO good, so summery and so fresh tasting.
I know when you hear Dandelion Jelly, you probably think… what?!? That’s gross. But I promise it’s SO not. Even my pickiest eater loves it.
I have been wanting to make it for so long. Honestly, from root to flower, dandelions are highly nutritious plants, loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber. If I can make some jelly with it, I’m there.
What does Dandelion Jelly taste like?
Honey. Sweet, subtle, light and delicious honey. And the teeniest hint of lemon but mostly just honey.
It’s really not like anything else, and it’s not what you’d necessarily expect from steeping dandelions for hours.
And they are plentiful of course. You see dandelions everywhere. Just takes a romp in the park to collect enough for this jelly, although, our backyard had some too. haha
Don’t miss the other recipes shared today.
Monday’s Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
- Baba Ganoush (Roasted Eggplant Dip) by Books n’Cooks
- Bacon and Eggplant Sandwiches by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Banana Spice Waffles with Peanut Butter Syrup by Family Around the Table
- Black Bean and Corn Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Blaukraut by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins by Tip Garden
- Bruschetta Chicken Tacos by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dandelion Jelly by Daily Dish Recipes
- Farmers Market Chicken Pasta Salad by The Redhead Baker
- Herb Salad with Roasted Lemons by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Lamb Burger with Purslane Aioli by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Garlic Scape White Bean Dip by Savory Moments
- Lemony Summer Roasted Green Beans by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Mexican Street Corn by Our Good Life
- Open-Faced Tomato Sandwiches by Cookaholic Wife
- Southern Corn Relish by The Freshman Cook
- Spinach Ricotta Pierogies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings