Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes will make you feel like a kid again! A tender, moist peanut butter cupcake filled with jelly and topped with a luscious, light peanut butter buttercream frosting.
These fun little gems will take you right back to being a kid.
I know Carsyn’s face lit up when he saw them and every bite warranted a little “mmmm” which was adorable.
They are filled with delicious jelly and so much delicious peanut butter flavor.
It’s almost like eating a PB&J but wayyyyyy better!
After several failed attempts at trying to get a moist peanut butter cupcake, I think we finally got it with this one.
I tried dozens of recipes running around online and a few I had reserved of my own and they all wound up tasting and feeling a lot more like a muffin than an actual cupcake.
We even tried with cake flour and while the results were better, I wanted to find some way to do it with regular all purpose flour.
This recipe was a success!!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes are a HUGE hit with the kids.
I think there is just something about the flavor that appeals to kids.
And the best part is, you can choose any kind of jelly to fill it with.
We used Raspberry but we made a few Strawberry filled ones for Carsyn. Because those are his favorite.
Grape, Blackberry, Blueberry, Cherry, Orange Marmalade…. if you love it with your peanut butter, it’ll work here just fine.
More Back to School recipes
Air Fryer Almond Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Cherry Almond Scones from The Redhead Baker
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Oats from Tara’s Multicultural Table
Chorizo, Sausage and Caramelized Onion Mini Quiche from My Sweet Zepol
Gluten Free Banana Bread Muffins from Frugal & Fit
Rainbow Sprinkle Pancakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
ABC 123 Snack Mix from Big Bear’s Wife
Blueberry Granola Bars from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Apple Cake with Vanilla Bean Sauce from Our Good Life
Apple Slice Donuts from For the Love of Food
Funfetti Cookie Dough Bars from The Spiffy Cookie
Loaded Chocolate Chunk Bar Cookies from Hardly A Goddess
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
Back to School Drinks:
Affogato Caramel Vanilla Milkshake from Family Around the Table
Let’s make Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
For Peanut Butter Cupcakes: (with Jelly)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup peanut butter do not use natural peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoon salted butter
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature, slightly beaten
- ½ cup buttermilk room temperature
- ½ cup jelly your choice of flavor
For Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup salted butter room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter do not use natural
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, boil the water and butter to a slow boil and remove from heat. Stir in the peanut butter and the oil until melted and well blended.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and buttermilk until well blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until blended. Batter will be loose.
- Fill cupcake liners evenly about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, scoop out a well into the top of each cupcake and fill with jelly of your choice. Fill the holes with the cake you removed pushing down gently.
For Peanut Butter Frosting:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the peanut butter and the butter until creamy and combined.
- Add powdered sugar, a little a time with stand mixer on low until well blended, scraping down the sides frequently. Add the vanilla.
- Continuing on low speed, add the milk and stir until well blended. Beat entire mixture for about 30 seconds to a minute to be sure everything is nice and smooth and combined.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled and filled with jelly, pipe frosting on using a piping bag with desired tip.
- Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.