Roasting blueberries brings out the sweetness and gives them an incredible flavor. Blend that into a delicious, light and creamy vanilla ice cream and you wind up with the most incredible No Churn Roasted Blueberry Ice Cream.
The perfect summer treat!
I cannot even begin to tell you how incredible this creamy berry filled ice cream is.
The roasting just brings out so much flavor. And I am addicted to No Churn Ice Creams, because they are SO easy … the waiting game is a little harder, but the end result is like nothing else.
Creamy, soft and delicious.
It’s the FINAL day of Blueberry Week. And it’s the perfect time for me to share this incredible Ice Cream.
Big thanks to Christie at A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure and Ellen at Family Around the Table for hosting this blueberry fest! A bunch of bloggers are sharing a whole bunch of great blueberry recipes this week. From savory to sweet, you’ll find great things to make anytime!
How to Roast Blueberries:
It’s super easy to roast the blueberries for this recipe.
Pour about 2-3 overflowing cups of blueberries onto a parchment lined baking sheet. The parchment paper is very important because you want to keep and collect all of the juices that come when the blueberries burst. This will go right into the cream mixture for this recipe.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake blueberries about 15-20 minutes until they are beginning to burst. Remove from oven and allow to cool about 5-10 minutes or so. Add to cream mixture right before putting in freezer. (details in recipe below)
Ready to check out the recipes shared today?
Blueberry Week Recipes
- Blueberry Sourdough Coffee Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Blueberry Lemonade by Caroline’s Cooking
- Blueberry, Honey, and Goat Cheese Naan Pizza by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Blueberry Peach Smoothie by Family Around the Table
- Blueberry Mojito by Food Above Gold
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Blueberry Skillet Cookie by Crumb Top Baking
- Blueberry Pie Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blueberry Buckle by Savory Moments
- No-Bake Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Tart by Sweet Beginnings
- Roasted Blueberry Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Vegan Blueberry Coconut Pie by The Baking Fairy
- Blueberry Lemon Curd Dessert Egg Rolls by The Freshman Cook
Are you ready to make some No Churn Roasted Blueberry Ice Cream?
No Churn Roasted Blueberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups roasted blueberries with juices (scrape off parchment paper)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla exact. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk the cream with a mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form. This took about 2 minutes.
- Fold about half the whipped cream into the first bowl with a spatula until combined.
- Add the rest and mix until well blended.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the roasted blueberries around the top. Take a knife or spoon and swirl through the mixture. We mixed ours through the whole mixture, but if you simply want some swirls, do that instead.
- Pour into a chilled 9x5x3 metal loaf pan. Cover with tinfoil or a loaf pan lid and freeze until solid. At least 3-4 hours.