A simple summer salad starts with blended yogurt and fresh blueberries tossed with fresh spinach. Add anything you like after that, but enjoy this Easy Blueberry Spinach Salad just as it is.
The easiest perfect summer salad.
It’s day 4 of Blueberry Week and a big old special shout out to Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure and Ellen of Family Around the Table for organizing this week-long berry delicious event!
Dozens of blueberry recipes should be showing up in your social media feed, but if you’re missing some – be sure to follow #BlueberryWeek for all of them!
But let’s discuss this Easy Blueberry Spinach Salad, shall we?
I work from home. Sitting at my computer a large majority of the day.
Consuming more than my fair share of coffee throughout the day, I tend to forget to eat.
So I look for healthy, but simple options. That’s where this incredibly delicious Blueberry Spinach Salad comes in.
It’s three ingredients. That’s it. And it makes enough for a couple of days. Though I recommend waiting to mix the yogurt until you are serving it if you do plan on making it up ahead of time.
It literally starts with fresh blueberries and fresh spinach. We prefer to enjoy this spinach salad with baby spinach, but mature spinach works perfectly fine too.
Fresh blueberries are a must. You could thaw frozen blueberries and I believe it would pretty much be the same, but you won’t get that perfect crunch you get with fresh blueberries.
The yogurt doesn’t much matter. If you like regular old yogurt, go with that. If you like it whipped, go with that – and further still if you enjoy Greek yogurt, you can choose that too.
And if you want to get creative beyond just these simple three ingredients, you can do that too. Here are some options for both crunch or plain old salad toppings that go well with this Blueberry Spinach Salad.
Our Favorite Crunchy Salad Toppings
- sunflower seeds
- crushed tortilla chips, pita, pretzels or potato chips (the salty/sweet combo rocks!)
- chow mein noodles
- croutons – savory or sweet
- chopped nuts
- another dried fruit for added crunch AND flavor
- pomegranate arils
Our Favorite Salad Toppings
- goat cheese or feta
- cooked brown rice
- another fresh fruit
- chopped egg
- avocado chunks
- shredded mozzarella
Blueberry Week Recipes
- Blueberry Peach Muffins by Cooking For My Soul
- Blueberry Refrigerator Jam by Our Good Life
- Cinnamon Blueberry Multigrain Bread by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Blueberry Bread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Surprise Lemon Cupcakes by Cookaholic Wife
- Honey & Balsamic Blueberry Jam Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice