Soft and chewy, full of flavor, these Molasses Cookies are a true favorite. They stay fresh and chewy for days but they might not last that long. *wink*
It’s Day 2 of Christmas Cookies week.
As I mentioned yesterday, my food blogger friend and I are sharing a wide variety of cookies that are perfect for your holiday gatherings.
All week long!
I’ve already shared these Spiced Christmas Cookies.
And today I am sharing these awesome Molasses Cookies from my Nana.
What’s in a Molasses Cookie?
Brown Sugar – Definitely what makes this cookie so soft and moist. Plus, adds so much flavor.
Shortening – Another addition to the cookie that makes it just a little softer, more tender, than a traditional cookie without it.
Molasses – This gives the cookie a rich flavor and a really nice chewy bite.
Eggs, Flour and Baking Soda – Traditional ingredients for most cookies.
Spices – ground cinnamon, ginger and cloves, these really add to the cookies
granulated sugar – just for dipping the tops in
Can I freeze Molasses Cookies?
This type of cookie doesn’t do well frozen ahead of time.
You can make the dough ahead of time and chill overnight.
However, to get the soft chewy perfect bite, I wouldn’t go longer than that.
How do I store Molasses Cookies?
These cookies should be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
Be sure and check out my fellow bloggers awesome recipes!
Tuesday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Cappuccino Swirl Butter Cookies from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chai Sugar Cookies with Eggnog Frosting from Blogghetti
- Chocolate Chunk Cherry Oatmeal Cookies from Christmas Tree Lane
- Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
- Gluten-Free Brownie Cookies from Family Around the Table
- Gluten-Free Peppermint Meltaways from Frugal & Fit
- Hot Cocoa Cookies from Magical Ingredients
- Nana’s Molasses Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Oatmeal Pecan Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Peanut Butter Brownie Bombs from Palatable Pastime
- Snowman Cookies from Devour Dinner