A hot cup of coffee and some Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies pair beautifully anytime of day or night. These brownies are rich, decadent and decidedly moist.
If you know me at all, there is one thing you can pretty much bet on. A cup of coffee isn’t far from my reach during most hours of the day unless I am sleeping. I love coffee everything and I absolutely love cooking with coffee (most especially baking!).
We are sharing Recipes with Coffee this week, and I just had to share my Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies with you all today.
Next to coffee my other favorite is definitely chocolate. And while I love chocolate anything, a great brownie tops my list of absolute favorites.
In this brownie coffee and chocolate come together in a soft, moist and chewy brownie that is made even better with ooey gooey melty chocolate chips inside.
Okay, so I might have used great big chocolate chunks, but you use what you want to use.
Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies don’t last long in my house. In fact, they go pretty fast. Like in one day sometimes. Maybe in a few hours. I promise I’m not the only one eating them. Most of the time.
More Recipes Made With Coffee
- Caramel Turtle Mocha Frappe
- Banana Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
- Cappuccino Overnight Oats
- Whole Wheat Pecan Crumb Cake
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies
- Cold Brew Affogato
Recipe for Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies
Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant-espresso powder or instant-coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted but slightly cooled
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350*F and lightly grease a 9″x13″ pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the 4 eggs. Add the cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Mix well. Add the instant espresso powder/instant-coffee granules and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the melted butter and the sugar. Add the sugar butter to the large mixing bowl and combine everything together, until smooth.
- Add the flour and mix until full blended. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs but no batter.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool before cutting.