If you know me at all, there is one thing you can pretty much bet on. A cup of coffee isn’t far from my reach during most hours of the day unless I am sleeping. I love coffee everything and I absolutely love cooking with coffee (most especially baking!). The Sunday Supper Tastemakers are sharing Recipes with Coffee this week, and I just had to share my Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies for #SundaySupper.
Next to coffee my other favorite is definitely chocolate. And while I love chocolate anything, a great brownie tops my list of absolute favorites. In this brownie coffee and chocolate come together in a soft, moist and chewy brownie that is made even better with ooey gooey melty chocolate chips inside. Okay, so I might have used great big chocolate chunks, but you use what you want to use. Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies don’t last long in my house. In fact, they go pretty fast. Like in one day sometimes. Maybe in a few hours. I promise I’m not the only one eating them. Most of the time.
Are you ready to make Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies?
Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant-espresso powder or instant-coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted but slightly cooled
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
Preheat oven to 350*F and lightly grease a 9"x13" pan.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the 4 eggs. Add the cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Mix well. Add the instant espresso powder/instant-coffee granules and vanilla and mix until smooth.
In another bowl, combine the melted butter and the sugar. Add the sugar butter to the large mixing bowl and combine everything together, until smooth.
Add the flour and mix until full blended. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs but no batter.
Remove from oven, and allow to cool before cutting.
Looking for more great coffee recipes? Check out those Sunday Supper Tastemakers!
- Bulletproof Coffee My Way by Monica’s Table
- Caramel Turtle Mocha Frappe by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Latte by Meal Planning Magic
- Apple Crumb Coffee Cake by Dessert Geek
- Banana Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Cappuccino Overnight Oats by Pies and Plots
- Cardamom-Crumb Coffee Cake by Wholistic Woman
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake (Kaffee Kuchen) by Palatable Pastime
- Coconut & Coffee Gluten Free Scones by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coffee and Cream Cinnamon Buns by Cooking With Carlee
- Maple-Coffee Breakfast Sausage by Cricket’s Confections
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Breakfast Bites by Beauty and the Beets
- Whole Wheat Pecan Crumb Cake by Family Around The Table
- Best Coffee Frosting by My World Simplified
- Bittersweet Cremeux with Coffee Caramel and Bourbon Cream by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies by Crazed Mom
- Chocolate Coffee Nut Bark by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Coffee Toffee Crunch Cookies by Family Foodie
- Coffee Vanilla Ice Cream Pie by Moore or Less Cooking
- Cold Brew Affogato by Helpful Homemade
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Torte with Strawberry Coulis by Gourmet Everyday
- Eiskaffee (German Coffee with Ice Cream) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Espresso Brownie Cupcake Sundaes by A Mind Full Mom
- Mocha Cake with Mocha Rum Icing by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mocha Layer Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mocha Panna Cotta with Mascarpone Cream by The Crumby Cupcake
- NCR Cookies by Girl Abroad
- No Bake Mocha Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Polish Black Cake with Whipped Mocha frosting by Hardly A Goddess
- Sweet Cream Affogato by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee and Garlic Rubbed Pork Chops by Casa de Crews
- Java Dry Spice Rub Chops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Salmon-Mandarin Salad with Asian Vinaigrette & Coffee Dressing by Asian In America
- Sticky Coffee Chicken by Food Lust People Love