My mother always told me, when I got older time would fly. And fly it does. I don’t even understand where summer went?
I blinked and it was gone. And now I am in Back to School mode, more than halfway through 2016 left completely dumbfounded at where all the time went.
But Back to School mode has indeed arrived in my neck of the woods. That means busy schedules, easy meals and lots of one dish skillet meals. Like this delicious Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza.
This week we are bringing you a whole slew of amazing Easy Skillet Recipes for Back to School.
From breakfast, to dinner and straight through to dessert, there is something that will please every palate and these recipes are making me drool.
Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza is an Easy Skillet Recipe for Back to School
There are so many reasons this Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza is the perfect Back to School recipe.
First, it’s mostly made right in the skillet and depending on your toppings of choice, it can be made entirely in one skillet. I use two, so I can cook up the sausage and bacon ahead of time along with any other ingredients I might want a little softer.
Another reason I love this pizza is that the toppings can be whatever you want.
For this particular pizza, we had leftover sausage from another meal so I decided to use it. We load our pizza’s up with whatever toppings we are craving and that can be almost anything.
Our Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza has sliced Kielbasa sausage, bacon, baby spinach, green pepper, mushrooms and black olives.
All layered on top of a creamy, white pesto garlic alfredo pesto sauce. The flavors of all of these different toppings makes every bite absolutely a burst of savory goodness.
Also for my pizza, I used a storebought round pizza crust, but you can totally make your pizza crust from scratch (we certainly do from time to time).
You cook the raw dough right in the skillet, again making the whole thing easy. This pizza took less than 15 minutes or so.
Ready to make a Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza?
The sauce and toppings can be changed up and this pizza can become anything you want it to. In the spring we made an asparagus & ham pizza that was incredible. There are so many delicious combinations that makes this meal one you can turn to time and time again. And if you want to make an adult pizza and a kid pizza, pick up a second skillet and you can make them simultaneously. Even if you don’t pick up a second skillet, this pizza is less than 10 minutes.
Wanna Bite of Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza?
Let’s see what everyone has made!
Favorite Skillet Breakfasts
- Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Egg Skillet by Positively Stacey
Favorite Skillet Sides
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Home Sweet Homestead
Favorite Skillet Entrees
- Alex’s Favorite Skillet Meal by The Freshman Cook
- Apple, Squash and Chicken Skillet by The Redhead Baker
- Black Bean and Rice Skillet by Wholistic Woman
- Chakchouka (Tunisian Eggs in Tomato Sauce) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chili Joes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- How to cook ChopSuey Vegetable Stir Fry with Beef by Asian In America
- Clean Eating Hamburger Helper Skillet by A Mind Full Mom
- Creamy Paprika Chicken & Peppers by My Life Cookbook
- Easy Skillet Lasagna by New South Charm
- Greek Turkey Spinach Skillet by Cooking Chat
- Hatch Chile Shakshuka by Helpful Homemade
- Healthy Vegetable Skillet Dinner by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Japanese Korean Tofu Sliders by The Ninja Baker
- Healthy Kielbasa, Brussels Sprouts, Potato & Pear Skillet by Food Done Light
- Kung Pao Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Vegetables by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza by Daily Dish Recipes
- One Pan Taco Rice Skillet by The Chef Next Door
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff by My World Simplified
- Pork and Sweet Potato Hash by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Salsa Chicken Skillet by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Sautéed Gnocchi with Pomodo Crudo by What Smells So Good?
- Spanish Rice and Beef Skillet Dinner by Meal Planning Magic
- Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet by Caroline’s Cooking
- Summer Squash Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Skillet by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Veggie-Packed Sloppy Joes by Powered By BLING
- Yellow Rice Skillet by Cricket’s Confections
Favorite Skillet Desserts