Easy dinner for two? Yep! That’s what this EASY Creamy Shrimp and Sausage Skillet is perfect for! Not only easy, but delicious and the recipe can be doubled for leftovers. A true win, win situation!
It has been quite some time since I participated in a Sunday Supper, and when I saw this week’s Easy Dinner for Two theme, I knew I had to jump in. Plus, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I am testing out recipes I might serve for our special date night meal. Yes, that includes dessert – I think the final vote for dessert wound up being these Dark Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Parfaits that I made last year for a Florida Strawberries Valentine’s Day post and he’s been wanting them ever since! I can’t really blame him.
But today we are talking about this easy dinner for two, a Creamy Shrimp and Sausage Skillet. It’s not only simple, but creamy and can be served many different ways. We chose to serve it over rice, but you could serve it over pasta or even eat it by itself (which is what I wanted to do!).
There’s just something special about the combination of sizzling sausage and shrimp blended with a creamy sauce. Plus it pretty much only needs a single skillet and you’re good to go. And as usual (with practically everything I make) it’s a great jumping off point for adding whatever veggies you’d like or think would add to the flavor.
I adore spicy food, so if I had made the meal for just me and my spicier dish loving family members, I would have added some cajun seasoning or chili’s, but alas that was not what I did with this one. This one I made as more of an Italian flavored Creamy Shrimp and Sausage skillet. That’s because Doug is of the no-spice version of any dish.
This had a little kick to it, because I added some Old Bay Seasoning to just give it a little flavor and a tiny kick that I knew I’d love but wouldn’t over power the dish, or Doug’s tongue.
You make it however you like it!
Let’s get this Creamy Shrimp and Sausage Skillet,
an easy dinner for two, on the table!
Looking for more ideas for your easy dinner for two? Check out these fabulous ideas the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are bringing to the table today! You’re sure to find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Marsala by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Classic Coq Au Vin for Two by The Crumby Cupcake
- Date Night Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry by Gourmet Every Day
- Orange Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy Salsa Chicken by Simple and Savory
- Chicken and Spinach Pasta with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce by Pook’s Pantry
- One Pan Shrimp and Asparagus Linguini by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Scallop Pasta with Garlic and White Wine by Caroline’s Cooking
Red Meat Recipes
- Filet Mignon with Shiitake Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- French Onion Filet Mignon by The Chef Next Door
- Honey Lime Steak Kebabs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mushroom Topped Pepper Steak for Two by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pan Seared Sirloin Steak Dinner for Two by Life Tastes Good
- Steak Au Poivre by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Baked Salmon with Ginger Marinade by Feeding Big
- Crab Caesar Salad by What Smells So Good?
- Creamy Shrimp & Sausage Skillet by Crazed Mom
- Grilled Swordfish with Husk Cherry Salsa by From the Bookshelf
- Peppadew Trout en Croûte by Food Lust People Love
- Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Cream Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Surf and Turf for Two by The Freshman Cook
- Curried Split Peas by Wholistic Woman
- Edamame Waldorf Salad by Ninja Baker
- Saffron and Leek Risotto – Served 2 Ways by Sprinkles and Sprouts
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.