A great weeknight dinner comes together with this wonderfully easy and Creamy Shrimp and Sausage Skillet. Make it for dinner tonight!
Easy dinner for two? Yep! That’s what this EASY Creamy Shrimp and Sausage Skillet is perfect for! Not only easy, but delicious and the recipe can be doubled for leftovers. A true win, win situation!
It has been quite some time since I participated in a recipe theme, and when I saw this week’s Easy Dinner for Two theme, I knew I had to jump in.
Plus, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I am testing out recipes I might serve for our special date night meal.
Yes, that includes dessert – I think the final vote for dessert wound up being these Dark Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Parfaits that I made last year for a Florida Strawberries Valentine’s Day post and he’s been wanting them ever since!
I can’t really blame him.
But today we are talking about this easy dinner for two, a Creamy Shrimp and Sausage Skillet.
It’s not only simple, but creamy and can be served many different ways. We chose to serve it over rice, but you could serve it over pasta or even eat it by itself (which is what I wanted to do!).
There’s just something special about the combination of sizzling sausage and shrimp blended with a creamy sauce. Plus it pretty much only needs a single skillet and you’re good to go.
And as usual (with practically everything I make) it’s a great jumping off point for adding whatever veggies you’d like or think would add to the flavor.
I adore spicy food, so if I had made the meal for just me and my spicier dish loving family members, I would have added some cajun seasoning or chili’s, but alas that was not what I did with this one.
This one I made as more of an Italian flavored Creamy Shrimp and Sausage skillet. That’s because Doug is of the no-spice version of any dish.
This had a little kick to it, because I added some Old Bay Seasoning to just give it a little flavor and a tiny kick that I knew I’d love but wouldn’t over power the dish, or Doug’s tongue.
You make it however you like it!
Let’s get this Creamy Shrimp and Sausage Skillet, an easy dinner for two, on the table!
Looking for more ideas for your easy dinner for two? Check out these fabulous ideas the Tastemakers are bringing to the table today!
More Dinner For Two Recipes
Recipe for Creamy Shrimp and Sausage Skillet
Creamy Shrimp and Sausage Skillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 7 oz. Smoked Sausage sliced about 1/4″
- 10 medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- Old Bay Seasoning to taste
- 1/4-1/2 of a small onion sliced thin
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- Heat olive oil and minced garlic in a large skillet for about 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the sausage and shrimp in a little old bay seasoning.
- Add the sliced smoked sausage and shrimp to the skillet. Cook until smoked sausage is browned and shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Toss in the spinach and onion. Don’t worry, the spinach will cook down in just a minute or two. We also added a bag of frozen Steamfresh® Protein Blends Italian Style but it’s not necessary. Hubby just likes it. Stir frequenly and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer about 10 minutes until liquid is mostly absorbed. Add the alfredo sauce and continue cooking 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over rice, quinoa or pasta or simply serve by itself.