The savory, creamy flavor of these ingredients combine to make a delicious pasta meal ready in less than 20 minutes. A great weeknight dinner to please the whole family, you will love Creamy Shrimp Avocado Bacon Ziti Pasta!
Pasta is one of those meals I turn to on nights I’m in a hurry. Comfort food, for sure.
It is a quick and easy way to get dinner on the table, and allow family time which is important.
What We Love
- A very easy recipe, making it perfect for any weeknight dinner, but also is perfect for a date night or elegant event.
- Easy to find ingredients, some of which you may already have.
- You can make your own sauce, or you can use a jarred pasta sauce.
- Adding or removing ingredients can truly make this recipe your own.
- It has some of our favorite flavors all combined in a delicious pasta!
Ingredients for Creamy Shrimp Avocado Bacon Ziti
The easy ingredients help make this possible, in this fantastic Creamy Shrimp Avocado Bacon Ziti Pasta!
ziti pasta noodles – yes you can change out the pasta for whatever you happen to have on hand, but the pasta to ingredient ration with ziti noodles, as well as the smoothness of the ziti is what makes this a perfect combination.
frozen cooked shrimp – you can use fresh shrimp if you have it.
bacon – bacon is just a must to get the full flavor here.
minced garlic – you can use actual fresh minced garlic or simply use jarred minced garlic.
onion – we really love the onion in this recipe, but we understand not everyone loves onion, so adjust according to taste.
avocados – for the purposes of this recipe, we used a medium size avocado but adding more or less avocado is perfectly acceptable.
Alfredo sauce – we used a 16 oz. store-bought jar, but you can certainly use a homemade recipe for alfredo sauce.
Make It A Full Meal
A few flavors that compliment each other and got really well with this meal.
- Soup or Salad – Blueberry Spinach Salad
- Side – Garlic Bread with Fresh Herbs
- Dessert – Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
I also truly love how pretty this Creamy Shrimp Avocado Bacon Ziti Pasta looks. It’s gorgeous and looks so festive.
We love ziti, so it was an easy choice for the pasta. Plus Ziti is perfect hot or cold!
And it’s perfect for holidays or summer BBQ’s or anytime you are looking for a fantastic recipe.
While we serve this hot pasta, we have served it as a cold pasta salad and it’s also pretty darn good.
It combines three of my favorite things in one easy dish.
This is the perfect ending to a long and busy day.
This was our wonderful dinner on one of the chillier evenings we had last week. And it was perfect.
Comforting and easy and delicious!
It’s perfect when I want a good dinner for my family, and extra time to spend with them, but really don’t have a lot of time.
Isn’t that what mealtime is usually all about?
A simple, yet flavorful light summery pasta for any night of the week!
What will you add?
I would love to hear more about what YOUR favorite simple meal idea is, when you don’t have a lot of time.
Please share in the comments below!
Recipe for Creamy Shrimp Avocado Bacon Ziti Pasta
Creamy Shrimp Avocado Bacon Ziti Pasta
- 8 oz. cooked ziti
- 8-10 oz. of frozen cooked shrimp more or less as desired
- 6 strips of bacon cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 Tablespoons of garlic minced
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 2 medium avocados pitted, peeled and chopped
- 16 oz. homemade or store-bought Alfredo sauce
- Boil your pasta according to package directions, if you haven’t already. Drain and set aside.
- Thaw the frozen shrimp by placing in a strainer and running cold water over them. Drain shrimp thoroughly on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook up the cut up bacon. While the bacon is still soft and cooking but when it is nearing doneness, toss in the shrimp, garlic and onion. Saute with the bacon. About 2-5 minutes.
- In a large serving bowl, pour in the drained pasta.
- Toss in the bacon, garlic and shrimp.
- Add your Alfredo sauce. Mix until everything is coated.
- Just before ready to serve, add chopped avocado and lightly toss. Serve hot.