Honestly, the best garlic chicken wings in your air fryer you will ever enjoy. Crispy wings, full of great garlic flavor and smothered in an extra creamy garlic sauce, these Air Fryer Intense Garlic Chicken Wings will quickly become a favorite!
Did you know it was National Chicken Wing Day today? Yep, that’s right… on July 29, we celebrate an american staple – the chicken wing. I’m good with that.
A group of bloggers has come together to provide a bunch of fun chicken wing recipes to whet your appetite.
Chicken wings are the best snack food, great for tailgating or game day, parties, appetizers, brunches, potlucks or whenever the mood strikes to enjoy some fabulous chicken wings.
These Air Fryer Intense Garlic Chicken Wings are truly a favorite at our house.
We decided to make our Intense Garlic Chicken Wings in the air fryer because we love how they crisp up and come out perfect every time.
Literally drenched in a creamy garlic sauce, they are a blue ribbon winner!
If you don’t want to drench them in sauce, they are pretty fabulous all by themselves. However the creamy sauce takes them up a notch and makes them intensely garlic making them a winner every single time.
We also really love these Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings as well!
Chicken Wing Day Recipes
- Air Fryer Garlic Butter Ranch Wings by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Air Fryer Intense Garlic Chicken Wings by Daily Dish Recipes
- Air Fryer Zebb’s Wings by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Chicken Wings Tandoori Style by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Israeli Sticky Wings by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoked BBQ Wings by The Freshman Cook
Air Fryer Intense Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe
Air Fryer Intense Garlic Chicken Wings
For Chicken Wings:
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 stick butter melted
For Creamy Garlic Sauce:
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, blend together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and melted butter. Toss the wings in the sauce to get an even coating all over each wing. Toss several times to coat.
- Place the chicken wings inside your Air Fryer basket. Try not to overcrowd the wings too much. I usually do about 1lb at a time. In my opinion it's best to do in batches so the air can circulate around the wings as much as possible. Just makes for a better crisp.
- Set the air fryer temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Set the timer for 12 minutes
- Press start and allow chicken wings to cook for 12 minutes. When timer is complete, shake the basket and use tongs to flip chicken wings over.
- Turn Air Fryer back on at 400 degrees F and reset timer to 12 minutes. At the 8-10 minute mark, start watching chicken to make sure it doesn't over cook. Air Fryers all "fry" differently. It may take longer, even.
- Remove immediately. Be careful, hot!
- While chicken wings are frying, boil 1/4 cup of water over medium heat.
- Stir in minced garlic and garlic powder. Boil for about 5 minutes or until water has evaporated nearly all the way.
- Stir in the heavy cream, Italian herbs, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of water and stir until dissolved. Add to the cream mixture.
- Continue boiling, stirring constantly, until thickened. About 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. It will continue to thicken upon cooling.
- Pour over chicken wings or use as a dipping sauce.