These crispy Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli are the perfect appetizer or snack whenever you’re in the mood. They can be baked in the oven, fried on the stove or made in the air fryer.
These are a true family favorite. We’ve been making them since my children were very small, and they are often requested as quick snack or party food for get togethers.
OMG Avocado Fries! Creamy Avocado coated in a spiced breading and fried to perfection. Served with a wonderfully spicy, citrus twisted Garlic Lime Chili Aioli.
Originally posted April 1, 2012. Updated on December 22, 2021.
Why you’ll love these Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
- Simple to make with only a handful of ingredients, most you will have already
- Three different cooking methods
- They are delicious alone, or with this Garlic Lime Chili Aioli or any other sauce recipe you might be craving.
Who knew fried avocado could be so good?
What you need to make Avocado Fries
- Avocado – Fresh Avocado is best, even a tiny bit under ripe is ok. Once it’s getting really soft, you should skip the avocado, because it will be too mushy in this recipe.
- Eggs – two large size eggs should be more than enough for this recipe.
- Milk – Doesn’t matter what type, it’s incredible with buttermilk, but is just as good with regular 1% or 2% milk. We have not tried any nut milks or anything with this recipe.
- Worcestershire sauce – Just a few drops is all you need, but if you want a little more flavor, go ahead and add a few more drops.
- Seasonings – We use red pepper or chili powder, along with black pepper. It is also excellent with Lawry’s Seasoning, Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning or Old Bay Seasoning.
- Flour – All purpose flour works best in this recipe.
- olive oil (only if frying on the stove) – Your cooking method will determine how much you need, or what type. We use olive oil cooking spray for baked or the air fryer, but obviously regular oil should be used for frying. We just recently starting using this avocado oil cooking spray… it’s just perfect for high heat cooking.
How to make Avocado Fries
- on the stovetop, the most traditional method. Simply heat your oil to between 350 to 375 degrees. I use this frying thermometer to check. Gently place breaded avocados into oil, and fry for about 1 minute on each side. Be careful not to crowd them in the pan. They’re ready when they are golden brown.
- in the oven, simply follow the recipe, but place coated avocado fries on a baking sheet, spray with olive oil cooking spray and bake at 350 degrees for approx. 15-20 or until golden brown.
- in the air fryer, follow the recipe but place breaded avocado into the basket of your air fryer, careful to keep them from touching so the air will get all around them. Spray with cooking oil on both side. Please keep in mind that all air fryers are different and tend to cook different. I have this OG air fryer, and in mine, I cook them for about 3-5 minutes, flip them and then cook them for 3-5 minutes. I use the french fry setting, but that seems to be roughly about 350-375 degrees. Just keep watch and when you take them out to flip them the first time, determine how much longer you think they need.
Looking for More Snack Ideas?
- Bacon Popcorn
- Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- Nutella Breakfast Muffins
- Grilled Nutella Croissants
- Strawberry Shortcake with Strawberry Whipped Cream
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken Wings
One More Thing!
This recipe is included in our reader favorites! Be sure and check them out, they are some of our family favorites as well!