Easy to make, easy to assemble and a huge hit for your next big tailgating event – these Spicy Black Bean Quesadilla Bites are perfect for everyone!
How is it already tailgating time?
I have no idea how this summer flew by, but it has, and well… it’s tailgating season and I’m so ready.
My favorite part of tailgating isn’t the actual game, or what’s to come – it’s the food, because well – I’m a foodie.
I wanted to make something that everyone could eat whether they were vegetarian, vegan or neither, but that still tasted great and was easy to make.
So we settled on these delicious Spicy Black Bean Quesadilla Bites!
These Spicy Black Bean Quesadilla Bites are so easy to make with the MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger Value Pack – Spicy Black Bean Burger: America’s #1 Veggie Burger. We also made a few of the MorningStar Farms® Garden Veggie Burgers to go in a second batch of Quesadillas. There are so many different MorningStar Farms products to choose from, you can make batches that suit every taste at your tailgating get-together.
It’s as simple as tossing a few on the grill when you’re ready. MorningStar Farms® has a great grilling guide for their products available here. Read it before you grill and you will have perfectly grilled veggie burgers every time. The tips are the key. You have to grill it to believe it!
When you have finished grilling, you’re ready to go. Simply lay out the flour tortilla’s, assemble all your ingredients, load up those flour tortilla’s and heat on the grill (we use a piece of tinfoil so they don’t fall apart. Once they are properly heated, slice into 8-10 slices, insert a toothpick and serve. Be sure and whip up some dipping sauce for them as well, because they are incredible with any of these dips!
Now before we get much further here, let’s talk.
You realize that Veggie Burgers are for EVERYONE right? Not just for vegetarians. I am not a vegetarian.
But I love these MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers – they are full of flavor, taste great and are quite versatile.
They are a great addition to a healthy lifestyle, and that’s why we choose to use them for these Spicy Black Bean Quesadilla Bites and for our tailgating needs. It’s something everyone can enjoy!
Spicy Black Bean Quesadilla Bites – the perfect addition to ANY tailgate!
So let’s talk about these Spicy Black Bean Quesadilla Bites again – the best part is that you can load them with whatever delicious items you want.
There isn’t a rule to what goes best.
To go with these delicious MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers, we chose bell peppers, avocado, a corn and chopped tomato mixture and shredded cheese.
We then whipped up a ranch dip and a red pepper dip, because dipping them is half the fun!
Oh, and for your tailgating needs?
You might want to double, triple or quadruple this recipe because they go fast.
Also, another quick tip – bring your already cut up and diced and chopped vegetables in air tight plastic containers ahead of time. Don’t wait for the actual tailgating event.
This leaves simply grilling up the MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers and then assembling, heating and slicing.
More time for the game and socialization (if you’re like me!)
Are we ready to get cooking?
Spicy Black Bean Quesadilla Bites Recipe
Spicy Black Bean Quesadilla Bites
- 2 flour tortillas any size
- 1 pkg. MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers
- 1 cups bell pepper chopped
- ½ cups tomatoes diced
- ½ cups corn
- 1 avocado peeled and chopped
- ½ cups shredded cheese blend
- cilantro to taste
- Assemble all your ingredients ahead of time, except the MorningStar Farms®Spicy Black Bean Burgers. You will grill those at the tailgating event.
- When you are ready to make them, begin by grilling up the MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers. (use this guide for proper grilling of these veggie burgers)
- On your work surface, place a sturdy piece of tinfoil underneath the flour tortilla you are building on.
- Lay your flour tortilla on the tin foil and place 2-3 black bean burgers on top of the flour tortilla. It’s okay if they overlap, or if they have some gaps.
- Now use all of your assembled ingredients to top the burgers and fill in any gaps.
- Top with another flour tortilla and carefully slide the sturdy piece of tinfoil back to the grill with the assembled quesadilla. Close the lid and allow to heat on the grill for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted and quesadilla is hot. Carefully slide off the grill and allow to sit for 2 minutes before slicing.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice 8-10 pieces. Serve with delicious dipping sauces.