Layer upon layer of flavorful ingredients not only look beautiful but taste delicious too. This 7 Layer Mexican Dip Recipe is a huge hit at any party I make it for.
So much flavor and great with chips, bread, crackers, crostini and more!
This flavorful dip is a must have for any get together. It’s delicious, full with seven glorious layers and a super simple dip to assemble.
Why We Love This Dip
- This Mexican Layer Dip is extremely versatile. Don’t like a layer? Skip it. Want to add something, feel free.
- This is a super simple dip, looks amazing and is quite popular at any get together we’ve ever brought it to.
- Fresh ingredients bring out so much flavor, you’ll want to make it again and again.
- Goes well with almost any event – from barbecues, to family nights.
I mean, who doesn’t love a Mexican layer dip, and each delicious layer has more and more goodness!
We also think this is so pretty sitting on a table, we like to put ours in a dish on a stand to really make it stand out.
What can you serve with this layer dip?
- Tortilla Chips
- Pepper Strips
- Bread slices
- Fritos or Corn Chips
- Flour Tortillas
- Tacos – yes you can even layer this into tacos, scoop in a meat of choice and you have a hearty meal!
What Are the 7 Layers?
- refried beans
- sour cream/shredded cheese/seasoning
- black olives
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped jalapenos
- chopped oninons
To be fair, I kinda cheat – it’s not technically seven layers because I totally use a delicious Pico De Gallo to combine the Tomatoes, Jalapenos and Onions. Yum!
But this step is not necessary, and could also be replaced by a nice chunky salsa as well.
Are you looking for more delicious Mexican recipes?
- Texas Caviar
- Poblano Lime Chicken Tacos
- Cheese-Stuffed Jalapeños
- Mini Taco Salads
- Tamale Pie
- Carne Asada
- Fresas Con Crema (Strawberries and Cream)
- Beef and Vegetable Enchiladas
- Caramel Apple Enchiladas
Recipe for 7 Layer Mexican Dip
7 Layer Mexican Dip
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1 cup Pico De Gallo
- 3 avocados diced
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 6 ounces black olives sliced
- Select a thin dish (pie plates work perfectly).
- Pour the taco seasoning into the sour cream and blend well.
- Layer the ingredients in the bottom of the pie plate in the order they appear in the recipe.