Layer upon layer of flavorful ingredients not only look beautiful but taste delicious too. This 7 Layer Mexican Dip Recipe is a huge hit at any party I make it for. So much flavor and great with chips, bread, crackers, crostini and more!
Do you have a sombrero? No? Me either, but I wish I did this week so I could stick it on my head and be a bit more festive for this week’s #SundaySupper event. I’m so excited that Heather from girlichef is hosting this week and her event centers around Día de Independencia, or Mexican Independence Day. What a fun event to celebrate – grab this 7 Layer Mexican Dip and some chips and a big ‘ole Margarita (and that Sombrero I’m wishing I had) and we’re almost ready.
Wait, almost? Yes almost. Because when you see the amazing line up of recipes for this Mexican Fiesta event, you’ll understand that the food is an integral part. In fact, the whole #SundaySupper team has been taunting me for the past few days posting spoiler pics for some amazing recipes that are coming right up.
I chose an easy 7 Layer Mexican Dip for today because, well, who really doesn’t love a good layer dip? And besides, isn’t it pretty? I just like staring at it. It’s so inviting. It’s calling to me. In fact, I’m seriously wondering if we have any more chips left because … dude I’m suddenly hungry…
I have a little confession – I already have a layer dip on my blog. It’s a 5 layer dip. It’s a 5 layer clean eating dip.
So if you’re into clean eating, you’ll probably love it. It’s pretty great actually. But… it’s not as flavorful as the 7 Layer Mexican Dip Recipe.
Oh, and the 7 Layer Mexican Dip? Totally NOT clean eating. Totally amazingly good though so don’t worry about that.
And kinda not 7 layers technically because I totally use a delicious Pico De Gallo to combine the Tomatoes, Jalapenos and Onions. Yum!
I hope you’ll join us around the family table this week for our #SundaySupper Mexican Fiesta – Check out all the great food and recipes. I know you’ll find something you just need to try!
Sopas (Soups), Ensaladas (Salads), and Entremeses (Starters)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Jalapeño Popper Dip – Chocolate Moosey
- Vegan Tortilla Soup – Galactosemia in PDX
- Texas Caviar – Ruffles and Truffles
- Cheese-Stuffed Jalapeños w/ a Tequila Sunrise – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Mexican 7 Layer Dip & Chips – The Daily Dish Recipes (this one!)
- Tortilla Soup with Roasted Vegetables – Diabetic Foodie
- Mini Taco Salads – Big Bear’s Wife
La Comida (the food)
- Fiesta en tu Boca Enchiladas (Chicken & White Bean Enchiladas w/ Salsa Verde) – The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Gluten-Free Chicken Spinach Artichoke Enchiladas for #SundaySupper – Cooking Underwriter
- Mexican Fiesta for #SundaySupper: Chipotle Chicken & 3 Bean Quesadillas w/ Wasabi Guacamole and Mango Salsa – Chattering Kitchen
- Carnitas – My Catholic Kitchen
- Tamale Pie – Noshing with the Nolands
- Carne Asada – Magnolia Days
- Carnitas Avocado Pizza with Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise Drizzle – Damn Delicious
- Frijoles Charros (Cowboy Beans) – La Cocina de Leslie
- Puerco Pibil – girlichef
- BLT Quesadillas with Avocado Mayo – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chile Rellenos with Roasted Tomato Sauce – Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Tamales with Green Chili Sauce – Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Beef and Vegetable Enchiladas – Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Chicken Con Queso – Momma’s Meals
- Baked Flautas – Home Cooking Memories
- Chunky Aztec Chocolate Granola – What Smells So Good?
- Street Tacos Al Pastor – Sustainable Dad
- Shrimp Tacos – Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Chile Relleno with Ranchero Sauce – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Zippy Chipotle Shrimp & Mango Tostadas – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Pork Tacos – Tora’s Real Food
- Stuffed Sopapillas – Juanita’s Cocina
- Chicken Fajitas – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Blue Crab Tacos – Pescetarian Journal
- Huevos Rancheros – Comfy Cuisine
- Caramel Apple Enchiladas for a Mexican Fiesta #SundaySupper – In the Kitchen with KP
- Chilli Chocolate Truffles – Happy Baking Days
- Horchata Ice Cream & Churro Brownies – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Fried Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas – The Watering Mouth
- Beer Margaritas – That Skinny Chick can bake
- Hatch Chile Margarita – Shockingly Delicious
- Skinny & Spicy Watermelon Margaritas – I Run for Wine
- Wine Pairings for a Mexican Fiesta #SundaySupper – ENOFYLZ
You ready to come join us for our Mexican Fiesta? Can’t wait to see you there!