Autumn Pancakes that you can enjoy anytime! These Apple Pumpkin Pancakes taste like Fall in each bite, boast loads of apple and pumpkin flavor and are very easy to make!
Apple Pumpkin Pancakes – the Ultimate Fall Recipe!
It’s finally Fall. In fact, yesterday (Saturday) was the first official day of Fall. And in St. Louis where I live it finally feels like Fall.
If you know me at all, maybe you’ve heard me mention how much I hate summer and that my favorite time of year is Fall. You might imagine how happy I am now that the St. Louis weather has shifted and the heat is gone, replaced by cool, crisp weather. I love it. I love Fall clothing, I love Fall baking, I love Fall… well, everything.
Fall makes me think of apples and pumpkins, making caramel apples, carving pumpkins with the kids, sipping hot apple cider and roasting marshmallows around a bonfire in my backyard, making pumpkin pie or even pumpkin pancakes. I think of the leaves changing and then falling to the ground and the crunch they make beneath our shoes when we walk. I can smell pumpkin pie baking when I think of Fall. I think of corn stalks and mazes. This really is my favorite time of year.
Our theme this week for #SundaySupper is Apples. And while many people think of Apples first when they think of Fall, I actually don’t. I think of Pumpkins. It’s the time of year where my kitchen is almost always filled with the sweet scent of pumpkin baking from Pumpkin French Toast to Pumpkin Pie Donut Muffins. And I hit the savory side of things as well, with a delicious Pumpkin Ravioli that is coming up this week.
Don’t get me wrong, I love apples too. One of our favorite, quick go-to snacks are these Easy Apple Dumplings. So when the theme popped up, I thought why don’t I combine the two delicious flavors – pumpkin and apple – and create a recipe with both. The ultimate (if you will) Fall recipe. I already had the pumpkin pie pancake recipe, I just needed to add the apples and make sure it would work. Oh, and it did. It was most definitely Fall on a plate smothered in delicious maple syrup.
So I present to you, these delicious Apple Pumpkin Pancakes I made this week.
Note: If you don’t have Pumpkin Pie Spice, you can substitute the Pumpkin Pie Spice with
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
I know I already have a ton of pancake recipes on my blog, but this one that tastes a little like pumpkin pie with the sweet, tart flavor of apples, really is wonderful this time of year.
Soups, Salads, Starters and Breads
- Cinnamon Apple Chips by Shockingly Delicious
- Apple Pumpkin Pancakes by Daily Dish Recipes
- Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast by In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Apple and Leek Soup by Soni’s Food for Thought
- Endive Spears Topped with Apple, Blue Cheese and Hazelnut Salad by The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Homemade Apple Jam by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Butter Cheesecake Dip by Chocolate Moosey
- Caramel Apple Bread by famfriendsfood
- Apple, Bacon and Brie Popovers by I Run for Wine
- Apple, Leek and Gruyere Tarts by There and Back Again
- Apple Glazed Meatballs by The Messy Baker
- Apples & Buttons (Ham, Apples and Dumplings) by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Apple Meatloaf with Tarragon Tomato Sauce by Diabetic Foodie
- Baked Tilapia Apple Crisp by Daddy Knows Less
- Pork Tenderloin with Calvados Cream Sauce by Sustainable Dad
- #SundaySupper Pulled Pork Sandwich With Pickled Red Onions by Kwistin’s Favorites
- Harvest Rice by Webicurean
- Wild Rice with Apples, Dried Cranberries, and Walnuts by Ruffles and Truffles
- Apple Topped Sweet Potato Mash by Momma’s Meals
- Warm Spice Pecan Raisin Apple Chutney by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Double Apple Pot Pie by What Smells So Good?
- Apple Walnut Coffee Cake by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Apple Streusel Cobbler by Big Bear’s Wife
- Apple Pear Kuchen for #SundaySupper (Apfel Birnen Kuchen) by Galactosemia in PDX
- Apple Strudel by Magnolia Days
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce by Noshing with the Nolands
- Apple Cheesecake by Vintage Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Crumble Bars by Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Cinnamon Apple Dessert Chimichangas by Juanita’s Cocina
- Nutella Apple Quesadilla by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Apple Crisp Ice Cream by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Bavarian Apple Torte by The Lovely Pantry
- Streusel Apple Crumb Pie + Pie Freezer Kits by Meal Planning Magic
- French Apple Cobbler with Cinnamon by Maple Whipped Cream Weekend Gourmet
- Chunky Apple-Apricot Bread Pudding by Comfy Cuisine
- Apple Butter Spice Cake by Home Cooking Memories
- Apple Pie and Custard by Happy Baking Days
- Apple Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Country Apple Dumplings by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Apple-Gingersnap Cookies by Tora’s Real Food
- Apple and Cranberry Turnovers by Flour on my Face
- Applesauce Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze by Hip Foodie Mom
- Caramel Frosted Apple Cookies by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Apple and Pecans Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Apple Pull Apart Monkey Bread by Gotta Get Baked