Creamy Crunchy Peanut Butter Pumpkin Truffles + a DIY idea for gifting
Creamy, with a little bit of crunch, delicious peanut butter coated in rich chocolate makes these Creamy Crunchy Peanut Butter Pumpkin Truffles a favorite gift!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpreadTheMagic #CollectiveBias
I love spending time in the kitchen baking in the cooler Fall months. And it’s almost Halloween, so it’s time for some fun Halloween treats. I love gifting my neighbors (who are all older and don’t celebrate Halloween) with little homemade baked gifts.
This year we chose these Creamy Crunchy Peanut Butter Pumpkin Truffles that I used new Peter Pan Simply Ground peanut butter in.
We absolutely loved the texture of these little finished truffles. Full of amazing peanut butter goodness and of course, everybody’s favorite pairing… chocolate!
We headed to Walmart and found the jars of Peter Pan Simply Ground peanut butter easily in the peanut butter aisle. In our Walmart, they were right across from the bread. Which seems perfectly normal since who doesn’t love a good PB&J and this peanut butter makes a PB&J that is FANTASTIC! I picked up a jar of each, because I wanted to try both flavors; Original and Honey Roast, but I also thought it might be interesting to make both in the Truffles.
The NEW Peter Pan Simply Ground Original and Honey Roast is “creamy with a BIT OF CRUNCH.” Peter Pan® Simply Ground Peanut Butter is perfectly creamy with a bit of crunch—and no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. And unlike some peanut butters, there’s no need to stir before you enjoy it. This made it the perfect peanut butter to use in our truffles.
We love it on toast, sandwiches, bagels. We love dipping fruits and veggies in it. With a texture just like freshly ground peanut butter, Simply Ground Peanut Butter spreads evenly on bread without tearing it, unlike some creamy and crunchy peanut butters. And your whole crew will love the Simply Ground wide-mouth jar—it’s perfect for dipping and snacking!
While we were at Walmart, we also picked up all the other ingredients to make these Creamy Crunchy Peanut Butter Pumpkin Truffles.
Halloween Gift Giving Tutorial
- Gather your supplies. You will need a clean glass jar, ribbon or decorative baker’s string, parchment paper, printed labels and tape or glue to adhere one of the labels to the jar.
- Place the parchment paper down into the glass jar. Be very careful so it doesn’t tear as you are pushing it into the jar.
- Print and cut out some Halloween labels. I found mine here. Adhere the labels to the jar using tape or glue.
- Using ribbon or decorative baker’s string, thread the string or ribbon through another smaller label. As you can see, we used black and orange baker’s string and a cute printed label.
- Tie the label around the upper half of the jar. We chose to keep ours a ways down so that it showed underneath the parchment paper.
- Fill the jars with Crunchy Peanut Butter Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles and give to friends, family, neighbors and co-workers for a special homemade gift.
What Peanut Butter Flavor Fits Your Personality? Take the fun quiz here: http://cbi.as/vyn6 You’ll also get a coupon and access to more peanut butter recipes!
More pumpkin recipes
Creamy Crunchy Peanut Butter Pumpkin Truffles Recipe
Crunchy Peanut Butter Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles
- 1 and 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup Peter Pan® Simply Ground Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- approximately 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate for melting and dipping 4 ounces for just drizzling
- In a large bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice and Peter Pan® Simply Ground Peanut Butter.
- Add the pumpkin and mix well.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes to allow to set a bit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and
- Remove the mix from the freezer and roll into truffle balls. We rolled them about 1″ placing them on the parchment paper.
- Return them to the freezer for about 10-15 minutes again.
- Melt your chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Remove balls from the freezer and dip each peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate.
- It’s your choice if you want to dip the whole thing or leave some uncovered. We liked how the semi-covered ones looked so we didn’t roil them, we only dipped them.
- Return each dipped ball to the parchment paper to dry.
- Once all are dipped, refrigerate at least 15 minutes to allow chocolate to harden completely. Bites should be kept in the refrigerator and are a GREAT gift idea!