Not only do these Rocky Top Brownies look amazing, they are a delicious combination of chocolate and peanut butter brownies. Super easy recipe!
It saddens me that this month for SRC there were a few orphans. I already mentioned in my other rescue post how that upsets me. It just doesn’t seem like such a hard thing to make sure people aren’t left sitting there with nobody have made anything from their blog. It’s not fun. However, I’m glad I was asked to do two!
When Jane, Group A’s fearless leader, who is filling in for Group B this week, contacted me a second time, I knew I wanted to do it. Close to Home is another blog I am familiar with. I’ve visited her before and was happy to return to make something.
Rocky Top Brownies – Extreme Peanut Butter Brownies
I chose two items. But I’m only sharing one now. I will share the other one Wednesday. For this reveal I chose her Rocky Top Brownies from Southern Cooking Kids Cookbook, but she calls them PB&B which I love – stands for Peanut Butter & Brownies, because that is exactly what they are.
They are also ridiculously easy, which was wonderful since I needed something that didn’t require a lot of work!
They were absolutely amazing! I would make these again and again, and I am not a big fan of boxes mixes of anything, I cook everything from scratch but truth be told, for this – I don’t really mind and now my kids have brownies to take in their lunch the rest of the week.
Thank you so much for such a great recipe, I’m so glad I was able to rescue your blog 🙂 P.S. Check back on Wednesday for the other item I made!! 🙂
Recipe for Loaded Peanut Butter Brownies
Rocky Top Brownies – Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 18 ounces package of brownie mix
- ½ cup butter or margarine melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs
- 1 13 ounces package chocolate covered peanut butter cups
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, add the brownie mix, the melted and cooled butter and the eggs. Mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly greased 13×9 baking pan (this was why we doubled it – it didn’t look like it was going to be much and they were going to be really thin brownies).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 23 minutes or just until center is set. Because we doubled ours we wound up cooking them about 35 minutes before they were ready to come out.
- While the brownies are baking unwrap the Peanut Butter cups and chop them up. Remove the pan of brownies when ready and place on a wire rack for a moment.
- Sprinkle the brownies with the chopped peanut butter cups. Return the pan to the oven and bake for about 2 more minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Makes 2 dozen brownies. (more if cut smaller)